Thread: How to undo patches...
- 07-01-2008, 07:59 PM #1
How to undo patches...
Sometimes we flash a patched mp in our phones. It's look great and we are glad of it.
But patches are customizations, and customizations can't satisfy to everyone of us.
Due to its easiest to remove a patch than apply all patches and mods to a stock firmware, i'm going to post this trick, it can seem a little silly for advanced modders but it will be useful for other members.
Most of times, patches comes in .fpa format and without undoing information. ".fpa" can be applied using Flash&Backup.
So if you want to undoing a patch, you need:
1 - Flash&Backup 3.7
2 - The patch. i.e. MP3_320kbps.fpa.
3 - A stock unmodified unpatched firmware, same version as your mp
- Open Flash&Backup.
- Go to "firmwares" tab.
- Find the button "select file" that is in the left panel, and click it.
- Select stock unmodified firmware.
- Find checkbox "apply patches" and check it.
- Below the checkbox, click "select patches" button.
- Click the button "add" and select the patch .fpa file.
- Now, find a checkbox that says "Automatically create undo for patches ..." and check it.
- Click "ok" to close the window.
- Click on the button "save as..." below "select file" and save the mp
with any name... like "delete this".
- You can delete that mp now, because we are not going to flash it. In the same folder of our patch, an undo file is created, named with the original patch name with the prefix _UNDO, i.e. MP3_320kbps_UNDO.fpa
- Backup your phone (never, never forget to do this)
- Now, if you have the patched modded firmware use it, or if you don't, you can use the backup.
- Open the modded firmware and apply the _UNDO patch in the same way that you did it with the stock firmware. You may uncheck the "automatically create undo for patches..." because this option will create a _UNDO_UNDO.fpa patch that is the same as original patch.
- Save as .shx and flash it with RSD Lite.
The Following User Says Thank You to leonnik For This Useful Post:
- 07-01-2008, 09:50 PM #2
Thank you =D very grateful .... Leonnik have you his own mp for v3i?
Last edited by lokito100; 07-01-2008 at 09:55 PM.
- 07-01-2008, 10:00 PM #3
I have my own modified firmware... but I have not published yet due to a charging problems with my phone...
Hey lokito100, where are you from?
Last edited by leonnik; 07-01-2008 at 10:26 PM.
- 07-03-2008, 01:39 PM #4
XD Ok extract a mp without dual boot xD and for my firm 03.05r jeje am of peru .. you will have noticed my Englishman! is very bad... but I understand the majority of thing you also are a Latin person truth leonnik?
- 07-03-2008, 01:52 PM #5
ahha good workMY MP'sEVDMATTv3i,DEVA1R,DEV.MEENA-FINAL,DEV2CORELETS
- 07-04-2008, 10:43 AM #6
yes, I'm from argentina...
my english sucks too...
- 07-04-2008, 03:26 PM #7
great guide leonnik because its easy
i saw this tab on f&b3 "apply pathches" but i was a fraid to do it
now youre guide push me to do it with more confidance
but i want to ask u something
i have the patches for R4441D_08.01.03R.
like 320 kpbs or increase the heap size for java
that susano post them
now if i do these patches like youre guide well they work on my v3i???
- 07-07-2008, 12:23 PM #8
my guide is for undo patches you (or mp creator) have done before. 'cause sometimes you have a good monsterpack but you think phone was better before apply certain patch.
To apply patches on your firmware, just go to "apply patches" and apply them..
But remember that you must downgrade bootloader and remove rsa first, or your phone won't boot up.
- 07-14-2008, 01:59 PM #9
leonnik ----friend from spanish???
- 07-29-2008, 09:13 PM #10
Leonnik I have the MP by the Hrushi.: And I want to take out the patch that he does that he not vibrate to him neither listen to him when the doorbell go down with The lateral keys just like the patch that the noise of the short battery eliminates fodder that those patches make just like that the battery last for less right now than with another mps that patches do not have sayings with does the battery last normal as he would do ???
Leonnik have the MP by the Hrushi.: and I want to extract the patch that does that it(he,she) neither vibrates do not even be listened on having lowered the stamp with The lateral keys as the patch that eliminates the noise of the low battery---I think that these patches do that the battery lasts less since with other mps that do not have the above mentioned patches the hard normal battery! Since it(he,she) would do??