Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    offline Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @cornell: If you can access your boot-loader version, then probably you're fine. Just hop to the V3i section instead and ask over there .

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Folks,

OK, Flashed my first upgrade - read the warnings about matching the monsterpack with the bootloader, everything went fine, not sure I like the menu structure - so now playing with that.

So, bootloader.... I've looked around and can't see this anywhere.... Can you update the bootloader or not? This isn't clear to a newbie if this can be changed at all or how to do it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,339 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no need for upgrading bootloader on V3x.

Thanks Semseddin for the signature and avatar.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In theory it can be upgraded but it's very difficult, very risky (you have to open the phone up and play with the hardware as well) and of no gain.

The new boot-loader versions have no advantages over the older ones so you won't really gain anything.

The known boot-loader versions of the V3x are:

- 0.6.5.0 (prototype V3x phones only)
    - 0.6.8.2 (most common one)
    - 0.6.8.3 (supports the new 128MB V3x editions)
    - 0.6.8.4 (supports the new 128MB V3x editions)
    - 0.6.9.0 (I don't know anything about this one)

All of them offer the same features except that 0.6.8.3 and 0.6.8.4 support the new V3x editions that come with 128MB of internal memory instead of 64MB. Keep in mind that simply upgrading the boot-loader to 0.6.8.4 will not increase the internal memory to 128MB as the actual memory device remains 64MB anyway (hardware limitation).

So as you can see (hopefully) you'll find out that upgrading boot-loaders on the V3x is useless.

This applies only for the V3x because there are other phones that it's recommended to upgrade or downgrade their boot-loaders (depending on model and situation).

offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How to back up mobile current firmware.....which software???
    Last edited by Usamaawais_1995; 07-19-2009 at 12:45 AM.

offline Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,902 Times in 2,550 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Use the Flash&Backup.
    Anything you need please contact me thru Private Message.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I`m a stupid beginner in this and i f***ed up with installing monster pack! (((
    I instalated MP on different Bootloader version and my V3X wont start...(((
    What have i to do?! Pleeeease help me!!!
    P.S.
    Sorry for my bad English!!!

offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can you get on bootloader mode? if can, then flash again that MP with correct bootloader...
    is for Ezra

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can`t turn on phone, so i can`t connect phone to RSD Lite...
    Can anybody tell me what to do...?
    Is my phone totally destroyed???

offline Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,902 Times in 2,550 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you installed correctly your drivers ?

Press * # and Power altogether and connect it to the pc.
    Anything you need please contact me thru Private Message.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my phone stopped working, can anyone help me

I tried to flash my L7 Slvr to apply new DRM icons and had backedup firmware, flex, DSP firmware everything except Language pack. Like you said I didn't read the boot loader version or smthing like that. I was using Flash&Backup but while pathching DRM it said erasing memory error and my phone went blank. But until now it was detected by Flash&Backup. So I read somewhere and used P2k Easy Tools and full repair PDS. But it took very long time and didn't displayed msg like succesful but the progress indicator said 100% so I removed, now when I press power it link the blue flash light and is not detected by Flash&Backup or any other software. Please help.....
    Last edited by dudesavage; 10-05-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fuk i luv this site always be hearin visit modmymoto blah thought it was a bunch a **** then again i saw my ignorance..sorry for the expletive guys..mkwc i got to say thanx for this thread man it really helps newbies..hey guys here's a fun story..the 1st motorola i got was a v172 in 2005 i was new to the internet/wap n all that stuff a really thought i could download games lol u got to admit, it was amazing seeing what phones had about them other than sending and receiving calls and i was interestd in those games on the net downloadable for them. So bak to story. I figured out that it couldnt download games so i thought motorola phones was a bunch a crap and what was all hype about the razr back then, i always wondered and now its the worlds best selling fliphone duh. The v172 got broke so i bought a nokia 6030b and ma friend got a motorola v555. I laughed and said what a dumb phone lol with camera video recordin and fully modded plus free internet and downloading through opera mini. That was like i truck runing over my 6030b lmao eventually i moved up to a symbian in 2009 but it to me 4years since i got that nokia 6030b lol but someone robbed me. Eventually i stepped up to moto and got a razr v3r but i brick it now i hav a v3x now am a moto fanboy for life yeah! Thats my transition, kinda long and boring lol maybe a bit irrelevant to mkwc thread lol P.S delete after u guys get a chance to read it. Oh maybe get a linux or android sumday

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! I think I really need some help here. I'm a complete n00b as well, and.... hehe! I think I just bricked my v3x! It sucks man! Anyway here's what happened:

I actually successfully flashed with Heartless MOD V4 and it's really cool, however,
    I was not contented and wanted to do more. my bootloader version is 0.6.8.2. Anyway I read about the XploreME thingy and I really wanted to install it. Niweiz, I also learned that I can't install it without unlocking my phone via Cor3:

I checked all check boxes except SMS on T-Flash and selected V0.6.8.1 / V0.6.8.2 and pressed build. Then it created a file : R252211_Cor3_85.9B.ESP.SBF which is 22,972 KB.

Then I opened up motoKup and started to flash using the SBF file created with Cor3. It went fine and flashing completed successfully, and then it said "restarting phone". For some reason the phone never restarted and I actually can neither turn on my phone nor open up bootloader. My PC even says "USB device not recognized" and my phone's showing nothing but a steady blue light. Awtz man!

What am I gonna do now?! I can't reflash it because I cant open up bootloader.
    note: I'm absolutely positive that it's not because of mismatched versions. But I'm not closing on that possibility. In that sense can I also ask where to get testpoint??

Please tell me if this is not detailed enough and I'll try to add more to it! Thanks in advance. Hope you can help me and fix this tonight. I'm not going to work because of this.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks mkwc you are really a helper

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

A big thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mkwc View Post
    CHECK YOUR BOOTLOADER VERSION TO SEE IF IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE MONSTER PACK YOU ARE FLASHING IT WITH OR YOU WILL DESTROY YOUR PHONE!!!

Newbie bricking has come to a point where a huge warning like this has become necessary. Sigh... Also,

REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR PHONE'S CURRENT FIRMWARE BEFORE FLASHING!!!

Also do note that current flashing software only supports 32-bit windows, so if you have a 64-bit windows pc, you have to flash using a different pc which has 32-bit windows.

TO ALL NEWBIES: If you read this warning too late, please follow the steps below before posting a request for help. Although this might seem obvious, unfortunately nobody's doing it so I'm posting this guide to make everybody's life easier.

Step One

If you've flashed anything onto your phone, identify what bootloader is it intended for, and whether or not it is suited for your bootloader. If it doesn't match, proceed to step three. If you don't know what is a bootloader, read step one of my Guide For Newbies, then proceed to step three.

Step Two

If you didn't do anything major to your phone and it just stopped working, try to identify or remember what you did when it stopped, or any details, major or minor that you remember.

Step Three

Post a new thread, stating the details. Don't just say, "my phone stopped working, can anyone help me". It's dumb to expect us to help you with no information from your side. If it's a bootloader mismatch problem, then your only solution (for now) is a testpoint solution. I won't write on that because I've never done it, but some others may be able to help you. Which is why you need to post in a new thread, with all details.

INCLUDE THIS INFORMATION:

a) What bootloader is your phone using
    b) What bootloader is your MP compatible with (also include your MP's name)
    c) What software you used and in what order/steps you took
    d) What did you do physically to your phone (including whether or not you fully charged your phone)

Alternatively, you can try reading this testpoint guide from Dr.Moto, and watch it on YouTube (search under "test point"). Please note that M3 and I are NOT responsible for the content of these guides, I have included them here for your convenience only.

Step Four

CHECK BACK YOUR THREAD every hour. Over here responses are usually given very quickly, so if you're lucky you can solve the whole thing in an hour. And don't forget to thank anyone who helped.

Easy? You bet. Still, many people do not follow these steps. Surprising. Anyway hope you follow these steps to make your recovery process a smooth and fast one. Good luck.
    a big thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345