Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Solution J#$H's Elite Krzr K1 Custom Firmware - No RSA Monster Pack v2

INFORMATION:
    I've finally finished my Krzr K1 Custom Firmware that I've been working on for quite some time now. It's based off of firmware r452f_g_08.03.08r and requires RSA to be removed prior to flashing. I've spent months modding it and I've finally got everything to work properly. I'll try to go over everything I've done but it's hard to remember everything I've added/edited, I apologize if I forget to list something. Ive included everything you need to flash, customize, and remove RSA from your K1. I've created shortcuts in the menu system for faster access to certain apps, If you delete/uninstall any of the apps with shortcuts it will break the shortcut in the menu system. This will leave you with the shortcut but no app, either keep the apps installed, or uninstall them and delete the entry from the menu system with "MMA Advanced Editor". If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll try to stop by every now and then to answer questions...hope you like it and good luck! Happy modding!

DONATIONS:
    This will always be a free project, but donations are greatly appreciated. I don't make alot of money, and I spend alot of time creating things to release for free. I have broken several K1's by tinkering with them too much, destroying Test Points over time from consecutive use. I have spent countless days and nights in front of my computer trying to get this Monster Pack as stable as possible. If you like my Monster Pack please consider donating a small amount to help me continue my work on this project, and other projects. It helps me pay for the costs of bricked/broken devices and hardware, time spent on projects...etc. To make a donation please visit my PayPal donation link below, thank you for your contribution and time. -J#$H

MONSTER PACK INFORMATION:

OVERVIEW:
    • Lots of EMS (Enhanced Messaging Service) pictures to insert into SMS messages
    • 9 Skins
    • 30 Games
    • 16 Applications/Tools
    • Extended Tools Menu (shortcuts to all good apps through menu)
    • Funlights Enabled, Event Lights Enabled (with my modified "funlight.pat")
    • Elf Support Enabled
    • Virtual Corelet Installed
    • MotoCMD installed and ready to launch elf files (Only works if you copied Elf folder to SD Card!)
    • Elf Apps/Tools/Games included in Monster Pack Download
    • Motorola Bootscreen Replacer included with correct ini to change boot splash
    • Lots of Outer LCD Pics
    • My Personal DRM & Skin
    • 8MB of Free Flash Space
    • Mini Opera linked to Browser Key
    • Start Menu (hold down delete key)(Only works if you copied Elf folder to SD Card!)
    • Java "Full Access" Patch Applied (ask once, never ask)
    • iTunes elf working with a ton of skins(Only works if you copied Elf folder to SD Card!)
    • Modified Gain Table
    • Everything you need to customize your K1 included in Monster Pack "Tools" folder (bootscreen, carrier text, skin, dnp editor)
    • Includes everything you need to remove RSA from the phone
    • Re-Flash is included for those who know what to do with it
    • Backup of Virtual Corelet included in case you have a problem you can reinstall using Motomidman

SEEM EDITS:
    • Speaking Phone
    • 50 Dialed/Received Calls
    • No Ringtone Change When Charging
    • EMS (Enhanced Messaging Service) Enabled
    • Custom Operator Text
    • Dual Sim
    • PTT Enabled (push to talk)
    • Speaker Phone When Flip Closed
    • Disabled "bytes transferred" Message
    • Recordings as Alarm Alert
    • Test Mode Enabled
    • Java Tools Enabled
    • Photos & Videos in Full Screen
    • View Pictures in Grid
    • SMS Saved to Phone
    • Preferred Card Enabled
    • Airplane Mode Added
    • Continuous Backlight Enabled
    • Call Cost Enabled
    • 50 Bookmarks
    • Security Talk
    • Ton of Extra Options
    • Many More...

JAVA APPLICATIONS INSTALLED:
    • I See Your Files
    • Opera Mini Browser
    • Bluebugger Hack
    • Bluetooth Hack
    • BT Walkie Talkie
    • Phone Manager
    • File Manager
    • eBuddy
    • Google Maps
    • MMA Menu Editor
    • Paint
    • Text Reader
    • Notepad
    • Bulk SMS Sender
    • Microsoft Word
    • Mp3 Tools
    • Translator
    • Dictionary

FIRMWARE PATCHES APPLIED:
    • Elf Register K1 (launch elfs)
    • Elfpack K1 (launch elfs)
    • Start Dual Boot (allow programs to put phone in flash mode)
    • Access System Files from Java (full access java)
    • Call Corelets from iTunes
    • Corelets in Java List
    • SMS & MMS Ringtone vs Ringer ID (sms alert instead of tone when receiving txt)
    • Java Works with USB Cable (games work with usb plugged in)
    • Keypad Backlight (turn keypad backlight on and off)
    • Debug Enabled
    • New Date Format
    • Change Color Java Start
    • Max Video Camera Resolution
    • Disable Removal of Calls on SIM Card Removal
    • Access Seems from Corelets
    • Access Function from Corelets
    • Remove Second Icon in Java List
    • Auto Switch in Media Player
    • Change Snooze Time in Alarm
    • Java Heap Patch (3300kb java, 1300kb corelet, 800kb elf)
    • Name and Time in Alarm Clock List
    • Full Screen Sub-Menu Selection List
    • Receive Files over Bluetooth
    • Opcode Menu Enabled (access opcode menu by dialing "+048263 *")
    • Cancel Vibration and Sound When Changing Volume
    • Remove Security Check and Address
    • Remove DRM Protection
    • Zoom in Pictures
    • Disable Beep from Dictaphone
    • Smooth Clearing Display
    • Cuckoo Clock Enabled
    • Change Digital Font (larger clock)
    • Canvas All Buttons
    • Speed Corelet
    • Java Tools
    • Allow Directory Creation
    • Fast Access Category (hit voice key to access category's)
    • Shutdown Menu Enabled

ELF FEATURES:
    I updated MotoCMD to v2.0, and installed a ton of plugins. Updated the library, made a custom digiclock theme, custom start menu elf, added alot more skins for itunes (64 total), and found a working saveas elf. Make sure you copy all the files to memory card and upload files from "a" and "c" to phone with whatever p2k program you use, and delete the old motocmd.ini before copying the new one over to phone.
    motocmd can open these extensions:

gif, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp, emp, mp3, amr, txt, cfg, zip, run, bat, lrc, m4a, mid, wav, midi, lnk, mei, ski, fpa, jar, ini, rar, 7z, lng, res, tpl, menu, sms, cmd, jc, smst

List of Elf's that are Started Automatically on Boot:
    • tunes.elf (itunes)
    • motocmd.elf (elf launcher)
    • extmgr.elf (for motocmd)
    • digiclock.elf (clock in bottom corner)
    • color_t.elf (colorful clock)
    • keyflash.elf (keypad flash when pressed)
    • saveas.elf (select where to save files)
    • startwp.elf (for wpchanger)
    • wpchanger.elf (change wallpaper every 30 min.)
    • usbmodept.elf (ask usb mode when plugged in )
    • sc2elf.elf (elf shortcuts in menu)
    • usb_e.elf (faster usb i think?)
    • signshow.elf (text on desktop) (change in b/elf/autorun/signshow.txt )
    • screener.elf (take screenshots)
    • start_menu.elf (start menu in tools)
    • extramenu.elf (hold delete key for 3 secs)

Removing autoboot enties:
    1. Open "auto.run" with notepad (located in b:/Elf)
    2. Delete the entry "file://b/Elf/KeyFlash.elf"
    3. Save it
    4. Restart phone

SCREENSHOTS:
    MONSTER PACK:

SKINS:

INSTRUCTIONS:

WARNING!
    RSA must be removed BEFORE flashing this Monster Pack!!! Failure to do so will surely result in a BRICK. I have included everything you need to remove RSA from K1 including MS Tools and instructions. Please read the instructions carefully before attempting to flash, I am NOT responsible for any damage done to your phone.
    REMOVING RSA:
    If you already have RSA removed skip to the next section labeled "FLASHING MONSTER PACK". If you have not removed RSA from your phone yet then follow rodrigocastrillon's guide. Be very careful when removing RSA! Skipping steps and rushing ahead could result in a bricked phone. If something does go wrong when removing RSA you may be forced to do a HARD TEST POINT to revive your phone, and this requires you to take apart your K1! Creating a Hard Test Point isn't really hard to do, but who wants to take apart their phone if they don't have to right? This is why you need to take things slow and follow rodrigocastrillon's guide carefully, following each step precisely. Hopefully all goes well when removing RSA but if not, follow the HARD TEST POINT guide in the "HELP!" section to breath life back into your K1.

1. First let's verify that your phone is supported. Extract "MS_Tool_8_Release.zip" and ignore virus alert if you get one, it's a false positive.
    2. Open mstool, click "Handset" and select "K1" as your model.
    3. Connect your phone in bootloader mode using the *+# + "power on".
    4. Click "Read Backup" and check PDS.
    5. Make sure the backup was successful. If something appears in the unit as "Critical Error" during the backup Do Not proceed any further!
    6. If backup was successful it's safe to use rodrigocastrillon's guide to remove RSA without using a Test Point. Instructions are included in my MP as well.

If problems occur when removing RSA and your phone is now unbootable, follow the HARD TEST POINT guide in the HELP! section below and repeat steps 6-16 of rodrigocastrillon's guide.

FLASHING MONSTER PACK:
    Once RSA has been removed you need to flash the Monster Pack to your K1 with Flash&Backup. P2K Drivers must be installed for Flash&Backup to read your phone! Drivers are included in my Monster Pack in the "Tools" folder. You may need to restart your PC after installing P2K drivers.

1. If Flash&Backup is not installed to your PC then install it. (Flash&Backup setup is included in my Monster Pack in the "Tools" folder)
    2. Open Flash&Backup, Connect your phone to PC via USB.
    3. Select "Motorola K1 KRZR" as the Active Phone Profile.
    4. Switch to the "Write Data" tab.
    5. Click on "Select Flash File"
    6. Select "J#$H's Elite Krzr K1 Custom Firmware - No RSA Monster Pack.shx" file from the "Monster Pack" folder included in my MP.
    7. Select all CG's (all CGs will be selected by default)
    8. Click on "Write Data" and wait...your phone will be restarted when the flashing operation is completed.
    9. Copy files from "SD Card Files" folder to your SD Card and phone.

HELP!

TERMINAL BLOCKED ERROR:
    If you receive "Terminal Blocked" error after flashing, your phone will NOT connect to your network. To fix this you will need to flash "generic PDS" to your phone. Everything you need to do this task is located inside "Terminal Blocked" folder included in my MP.

1. First we need to boot the phone in blank mode, turn off your phone and take out battery.
    2. open ramldr2 app (ramldr2 is inside the "Terminal Blocked" folder included in my MP)
    3. press and hold * key while putting battery back into the phone. This should put your phone into blank mode, the screen should be black (As if power isnt on).
    4. Plug your K1 USB cable into your phone and the other end into your computer.
    5. Wait for ramldr2 to say "phone connected".
    6. Click "Send Loader" and wait for it to say "OK".
    7. Click "Write PDS", browse to "Terminal Blocked" folder included in my MP and select "PDS_K1____Generic.bin"
    8. Finished! Error message should go away and your phone should now be able to connect to your network.

Important! You must flash generic PDS in BLANK MODE! If you do it from reflash mode it doesn't work, but it doesn't give you
    a error message either. So make sure your booting the phone in blank mode when your flashing generic PDS. You can put your
    K1 into "blank mode" by taking out the battery, holding down "*", put the battery back in, and press power.

SUBSIDY CODE:
    If you receive a "Enter Subsidy Code" message after flashing then your phone is NOT unlocked. If you have your own personal Subsidy code then enter it and see if it unlocks your phone, If not enter the unlock code below to unlock your K1. Most users dont receive this message, my MP is already unlocked. You only receive this message if your phone is locked to a certain provider prior to flashing my MP, but sometimes flashing can re-activate the Subsidy code, but this is rare. It's best to have your Subsidy code on hand just in case you need it. Be careful when entering the unlock code, you only get so many attempts before your phone locks you out! Flashing a different MP will NOT unlock your phone, if your phone is locked and you flash my MP it will NOT unlock your phone. If you need your phone unlocked you need to call your service provider and get the unlock code, or follow Clarkey's K1 Unlock Guide and unlock your phone using MS Tools (included in the "Tools" folder of my MP)

IMPORTANT! You only get 3 attempts when entering Subsidy unlock code! Make sure your pressing the right keys because if you enter a invalid unlock code more than 3 times the phone will lock you out!

Subsidy Unlock Code: 0000 (or maybe 1535? Cant remember sorry, better to post it just in case)
    Security Code: 000000

REVIVE PHONE USING HARD TEST POINT:
    If your following this guide I'm sure your worried that your K1 is broken...Don't PANIC! That is not the case at all, a K1 can always be revived using a HARD TEST POINT. It requires you to take apart your K1, which sucks...but isn't very hard once you get into it. There used to be a guide around here on how to do it but it has vanished, so I'll merge it into this thread for safe keeping. I take apart every K1 I buy and get it ready for Hard TP, when i'm modding it's almost guaranteed that I will brick it at least once...Hard TP is a life saver. The hardest part for me was finding a tiny Torx 5 screwdriver, which I had to order from EBay because I could'nt find one at my local stores. Taking it apart was easy after I got those screws out...

Guide for taking apart a K1 is here, video is here

1. Use a Torx 5 screwdriver to remove the 4 screws under the K1 battery cover.
    2. Use a credit card or guitar pick and remove the top part of the phone.
    3. You don't need to take the motherboard out of the "housing". Remove the cap and you will see the SIM and MicroSD slots, just pull the slot's board.
    4. Now you should see the metal protection. You will have to cut that protection. Use the photo below as a reference and cut out the red square area. The green area is the plate you will be cutting, the red area is where test point is so you don't have to remove the whole plate if you dont want to you just need the red area to be exposed. use a Knife/Cutter or razor blade to CAREFULLY cut out the red area or the whole green area/plate.
    5. Now you will need the thin wire and needle. Attach one end of the wire to the needle, tape the other end of the wire to the ground plate.
    6. Plug your phone in with the USB, without the battery. Now put the needle in the TP and put the battery. Open the RSDLite (google it 4 download). The phone will be recognized as "S BLANK NEPTUNE LTE2" if the TP was done correctly. I had a problem holding my battery and performing the test point so I had my girlfreind help. She held the battery in place for me while i did hard test point and flashing. Don't get discouraged, you will more than likely have to perform this several times before getting it to work. Once you get the phone to be recognized as "S BLANK NEPTUNE LTE2" you can continue with your repair operation!

SUPPORT:

Please support my project by clicking the link below to LIKE my Facebook page. I have shortened the url with Adf.ly to help support my modding efforts. Thank you for your support!! -J#$H

Click Here To SUPPORT Elite Electronics

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

DOWNLOADS:

Password: krzrk1elite

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to LIKE my Facebook Page while you wait for your download to finish!

Click Here To LIKE Elite Electronics
    Click Here To FOLLOW Elite Electronics
    Click Here To VISIT Elite Electronics Blog Site

Don't Forget To Click THANKS!
    Last edited by joshrizzo; 11-06-2014 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Instructions Updated! Test Point Guide Added! Download Re-Packed & Links Updated! Thread Cleaned Up & Re-Organized! Help Section Added!

2. 7 Users Say Thank You to joshrizzo For This Useful Post

carolk (07-02-2013), Jabbacks (02-03-2010), jayjlion6 (02-03-2010), Killed (01-04-2010), sno0p (12-07-2011), SocaSlvr (01-18-2010), Trickybitch (12-14-2009)

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Solution

Hi,
    I will definitley try your monsterpack as soon as I get home. Do you consider do the elf patch /registration on your monsterpack?
    Do you know how to add a specific provider -> I need 232-11 => bob

Do you mind sharing a litte mod know how, since I started off just 2 days ago and I removed rsa did a little interchange of CG´s, but I do not get any mods programs running except FB3 and odm tool, everything else freezes if I connect the phone.
    I tried elf patch to apply but it always says "reading beyond File"... so as you see I would like to ... but I kind a disabled... anyways if you like to share I like to learn

all the best...
    markus

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yea the elf patch from this forum kept saying that to me too. however i found one that works and ive already applied it to this monster pack. i even included my whole elf folder for the memory stick!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.pirate View Post
    Do you know how to add a specific provider -> I need 232-11 => bob
    Use OpEdit to edit plmn_text_table.bin
    Last edited by joshrizzo; 11-29-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah! good job joshrizzo! the first MP for K1 with elf's pre-installed!! downloading
    post the prints, please, for us to see (it is english? kkkkk)
    the elf's are working well?
    but I hope the prints!
    thanx!
    Saudações direto do BRAZIL!!

é para Esdras / is for Ezra

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its in english...all the elfs i have in autorun are working. The rest you can just browse to using MotoCMD in the tools menu. Most of them work, others dont. If you run one and it doesnt work it will just restart the phone so no worries. Im working on the prints now, for some reason msnap wont work for me so it might take me a min to post them
    Last edited by joshrizzo; 11-29-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have installed the MP but when I try to connect your phone to memory card mode, the explorer windows close and lock the memory card is not open on your computer. I tried on my notebook and also crashed. what do you think that is?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    how are you connecting in memory card mode? i connect either by taking out the card and using my adapter, or going to "connections" in menu and selecting "Micro SD" for usb mode. Then connect phone to computer with usb
    Last edited by joshrizzo; 11-29-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    already worked out now! thanx men!
    now let's see if your MP is good indeed!
    bye!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You may not like some of the elfs that i chose to start with the phone. In that case just edit your auto.run:

-open Auto.run (located in b:/Elf) with notepad
    -delete any entrys you dont like or dont use
    -Save auto.run
    -restart phone

the more entrys you have in Auto.run the longer it takes the phone to load up on startup
    Last edited by joshrizzo; 11-29-2009 at 03:05 PM.

offline Call Me THE Mobile Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dont have network after flashing this MP +__+''
    R452F_G_08.03.08R
    BL : DUEL BOOTLOADER
    FLEX : AnhVu2875
    Name MP : AV_K1_V8_edition
    49 patches work on MP

WHY I LOST ALMOST MY ''THANKED'' ???

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by anhvu2875 View Post
    dont have network after flashing this MP +__+''
    info is in the readme...you have to flash generic pds (in blank mode). Tools and guide in the "terminal Blocked" folder included with my MP.
    Last edited by joshrizzo; 11-28-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi,
    flashed the phone... did the pds generic but still do not have networks and the phone always says no service... what do you recommend... remember I have bob ->subnetwork of A1 in austria... do you have instructions what to do

Also every menu I click on for instance: phonebook... loading...waiting... but I never get there... it loads forever... same with messages

all the best...

manually tried to search for networks.... does not find a single network...
    just keeps searching forever
    Last edited by mr.pirate; 11-26-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds like you didnt flash generic pds correctly, you must do it in blank mode. you should flash MP in blank mode as well actually.

did you try what i said in this thread yet about your network problem?
    http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525243
    manually add your network to your plm txt table.
    Last edited by joshrizzo; 11-28-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi, yes followed your instructions in other thread, but my specific provider is not in the table, but the base provider, what is actually ok. I guess your file is just fine.

What I´m facing right now is that the phone does not find any provider available it keeps searching forever... like the phonebook menu or messages menu. I klick on it and it searches...and says loading or waiting and the dots keep going... until you press a button and I´m back on main screen.

btw what is the password for master reset and master clear ? maybe some std. settings need to be erased. -> just a guess

thx

I forgot... what do you use to edit the plmn_text_table.bin, because the sw you attached only lets me erase or edit the name only. what I need to do is to add a
    provider.
    Last edited by mr.pirate; 11-26-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you can add a provider using Opedit by overwriting a previous entry with your provider information. As for your network not connecting, i am almost positive you didnt flash generic pds properly. My phone did that too when i first removed rsa, and didnt go away til i flashed generic pds in blank mode. flashing it in blank mode is a must! the phonebook not loading and no service all point to pds problem. Once you get that fixed you should be able to connect to all networks around you even if its not your provider. There is no block on networks on this MP...it shows them all

reflash pds in blank mode and let me know the results

you know how to enter phone into blank mode right?
    Last edited by joshrizzo; 11-26-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast