INFORMATION:I've finally finished my Krzr K1 Custom Firmware that I've been working on for quite some time now. It's based off of firmware r452f_g_08.03.08r and requires RSA to be removed prior to flashing. I've spent months modding it and I've finally got everything to work properly. I'll try to go over everything I've done but it's hard to remember everything I've added/edited, I apologize if I forget to list something. Ive included everything you need to flash, customize, and remove RSA from your K1. I've created shortcuts in the menu system for faster access to certain apps, If you delete/uninstall any of the apps with shortcuts it will break the shortcut in the menu system. This will leave you with the shortcut but no app, either keep the apps installed, or uninstall them and delete the entry from the menu system with "MMA Advanced Editor". If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll try to stop by every now and then to answer questions...hope you like it and good luck! Happy modding!
DONATIONS:This will always be a free project, but donations are greatly appreciated. I don't make alot of money, and I spend alot of time creating things to release for free. I have broken several K1's by tinkering with them too much, destroying Test Points over time from consecutive use. I have spent countless days and nights in front of my computer trying to get this Monster Pack as stable as possible. If you like my Monster Pack please consider donating a small amount to help me continue my work on this project, and other projects. It helps me pay for the costs of bricked/broken devices and hardware, time spent on projects...etc. To make a donation please visit my PayPal donation link below, thank you for your contribution and time. -J#$H
MONSTER PACK INFORMATION:
- Lots of EMS (Enhanced Messaging Service) pictures to insert into SMS messages
- 9 Skins
- 30 Games
- 16 Applications/Tools
- Extended Tools Menu (shortcuts to all good apps through menu)
- Funlights Enabled, Event Lights Enabled (with my modified "funlight.pat")
- Elf Support Enabled
- Virtual Corelet Installed
- MotoCMD installed and ready to launch elf files (Only works if you copied Elf folder to SD Card!)
- Elf Apps/Tools/Games included in Monster Pack Download
- Motorola Bootscreen Replacer included with correct ini to change boot splash
- Lots of Outer LCD Pics
- My Personal DRM & Skin
- 8MB of Free Flash Space
- Mini Opera linked to Browser Key
- Start Menu (hold down delete key)(Only works if you copied Elf folder to SD Card!)
- Java "Full Access" Patch Applied (ask once, never ask)
- iTunes elf working with a ton of skins(Only works if you copied Elf folder to SD Card!)
- Modified Gain Table
- Everything you need to customize your K1 included in Monster Pack "Tools" folder (bootscreen, carrier text, skin, dnp editor)
- Includes everything you need to remove RSA from the phone
- Re-Flash is included for those who know what to do with it
- Backup of Virtual Corelet included in case you have a problem you can reinstall using Motomidman
- Speaking Phone
- 50 Dialed/Received Calls
- No Ringtone Change When Charging
- EMS (Enhanced Messaging Service) Enabled
- Custom Operator Text
- Dual Sim
- PTT Enabled (push to talk)
- Speaker Phone When Flip Closed
- Disabled "bytes transferred" Message
- Recordings as Alarm Alert
- Test Mode Enabled
- Java Tools Enabled
- Photos & Videos in Full Screen
- View Pictures in Grid
- SMS Saved to Phone
- Preferred Card Enabled
- Airplane Mode Added
- Continuous Backlight Enabled
- Call Cost Enabled
- 50 Bookmarks
- Security Talk
- Ton of Extra Options
- Many More...
JAVA APPLICATIONS INSTALLED:
- I See Your Files
- Opera Mini Browser
- Bluebugger Hack
- Bluetooth Hack
- BT Walkie Talkie
- Phone Manager
- File Manager
- Google Maps
- MMA Menu Editor
- Text Reader
- Bulk SMS Sender
- Microsoft Word
- Mp3 Tools
FIRMWARE PATCHES APPLIED:
- Elf Register K1 (launch elfs)
- Elfpack K1 (launch elfs)
- Start Dual Boot (allow programs to put phone in flash mode)
- Access System Files from Java (full access java)
- Call Corelets from iTunes
- Corelets in Java List
- SMS & MMS Ringtone vs Ringer ID (sms alert instead of tone when receiving txt)
- Java Works with USB Cable (games work with usb plugged in)
- Keypad Backlight (turn keypad backlight on and off)
- Debug Enabled
- New Date Format
- Change Color Java Start
- Max Video Camera Resolution
- Disable Removal of Calls on SIM Card Removal
- Access Seems from Corelets
- Access Function from Corelets
- Remove Second Icon in Java List
- Auto Switch in Media Player
- Change Snooze Time in Alarm
- Java Heap Patch (3300kb java, 1300kb corelet, 800kb elf)
- Name and Time in Alarm Clock List
- Full Screen Sub-Menu Selection List
- Receive Files over Bluetooth
- Opcode Menu Enabled (access opcode menu by dialing "+048263 *")
- Cancel Vibration and Sound When Changing Volume
- Remove Security Check and Address
- Remove DRM Protection
- Zoom in Pictures
- Disable Beep from Dictaphone
- Smooth Clearing Display
- Cuckoo Clock Enabled
- Change Digital Font (larger clock)
- Canvas All Buttons
- Speed Corelet
- Java Tools
- Allow Directory Creation
- Fast Access Category (hit voice key to access category's)
- Shutdown Menu Enabled
I updated MotoCMD to v2.0, and installed a ton of plugins. Updated the library, made a custom digiclock theme, custom start menu elf, added alot more skins for itunes (64 total), and found a working saveas elf. Make sure you copy all the files to memory card and upload files from "a" and "c" to phone with whatever p2k program you use, and delete the old motocmd.ini before copying the new one over to phone.
motocmd can open these extensions: gif, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp, emp, mp3, amr, txt, cfg, zip, run, bat, lrc, m4a, mid, wav, midi, lnk, mei, ski, fpa, jar, ini, rar, 7z, lng, res, tpl, menu, sms, cmd, jc, smst List of Elf's that are Started Automatically on Boot:
- tunes.elf (itunes)
- motocmd.elf (elf launcher)
- extmgr.elf (for motocmd)
- digiclock.elf (clock in bottom corner)
- color_t.elf (colorful clock)
- keyflash.elf (keypad flash when pressed)
- saveas.elf (select where to save files)
- startwp.elf (for wpchanger)
- wpchanger.elf (change wallpaper every 30 min.)
- usbmodept.elf (ask usb mode when plugged in )
- sc2elf.elf (elf shortcuts in menu)
- usb_e.elf (faster usb i think?)
- signshow.elf (text on desktop) (change in b/elf/autorun/signshow.txt )
- screener.elf (take screenshots)
- start_menu.elf (start menu in tools)
- extramenu.elf (hold delete key for 3 secs)
Removing autoboot enties:
- Open "auto.run" with notepad (located in b:/Elf)
- Delete the entry "file://b/Elf/KeyFlash.elf"
- Save it
- Restart phone
If you already have RSA removed skip to the next section labeled "FLASHING MONSTER PACK". If you have not removed RSA from your phone yet then follow rodrigocastrillon's guide. Be very careful when removing RSA! Skipping steps and rushing ahead could result in a bricked phone. If something does go wrong when removing RSA you may be forced to do a HARD TEST POINT to revive your phone, and this requires you to take apart your K1! Creating a Hard Test Point isn't really hard to do, but who wants to take apart their phone if they don't have to right? This is why you need to take things slow and follow rodrigocastrillon's guide carefully, following each step precisely. Hopefully all goes well when removing RSA but if not, follow the HARD TEST POINT guide in the "HELP!" section to breath life back into your K1.
WARNING!RSA must be removed BEFORE flashing this Monster Pack!!!
Failure to do so will surely result in a BRICK
. I have included everything you need to remove RSA from K1 including MS Tools and instructions. Please read
the instructions carefully
before attempting to flash, I am NOT
responsible for any damage done to your phone.
- First let's verify that your phone is supported. Extract "MS_Tool_8_Release.zip" and ignore virus alert if you get one, it's a false positive.
- Open mstool, click "Handset" and select "K1" as your model.
- Connect your phone in bootloader mode using the *+# + "power on".
- Click "Read Backup" and check PDS.
- Make sure the backup was successful. If something appears in the unit as "Critical Error" during the backup Do Not proceed any further!
- If backup was successful it's safe to use rodrigocastrillon's guide to remove RSA without using a Test Point. Instructions are included in my MP as well.
If problems occur when removing RSA and your phone is now unbootable, follow the HARD TEST POINT guide in the HELP! section below and repeat steps 6-16 of rodrigocastrillon's guide.
Once RSA has been removed you need to flash the Monster Pack to your K1 with Flash&Backup. P2K Drivers must be installed for Flash&Backup to read your phone! Drivers are included in my Monster Pack in the "Tools" folder. You may need to restart your PC after installing P2K drivers.
- If Flash&Backup is not installed to your PC then install it. (Flash&Backup setup is included in my Monster Pack in the "Tools" folder)
- Open Flash&Backup, Connect your phone to PC via USB.
- Select "Motorola K1 KRZR" as the Active Phone Profile.
- Switch to the "Write Data" tab.
- Click on "Select Flash File"
- Select "J#$H's Elite Krzr K1 Custom Firmware - No RSA Monster Pack.shx" file from the "Monster Pack" folder included in my MP.
- Select all CG's (all CGs will be selected by default)
- Click on "Write Data" and wait...your phone will be restarted when the flashing operation is completed.
- Copy files from "SD Card Files" folder to your SD Card and phone.
If you receive "Terminal Blocked" error after flashing, your phone will NOT connect to your network. To fix this you will need to flash "generic PDS" to your phone. Everything you need to do this task is located inside "Terminal Blocked" folder included in my MP.
- First we need to boot the phone in blank mode, turn off your phone and take out battery.
- open ramldr2 app (ramldr2 is inside the "Terminal Blocked" folder included in my MP)
- press and hold * key while putting battery back into the phone. This should put your phone into blank mode, the screen should be black (As if power isnt on).
- Plug your K1 USB cable into your phone and the other end into your computer.
- Wait for ramldr2 to say "phone connected".
- Click "Send Loader" and wait for it to say "OK".
- Click "Write PDS", browse to "Terminal Blocked" folder included in my MP and select "PDS_K1____Generic.bin"
- Finished! Error message should go away and your phone should now be able to connect to your network.
Important! You must flash generic PDS in BLANK MODE! If you do it from reflash mode it doesn't work, but it doesn't give you
a error message either. So make sure your booting the phone in blank mode when your flashing generic PDS. You can put your
K1 into "blank mode" by taking out the battery, holding down "*", put the battery back in, and press power.
If you receive a "Enter Subsidy Code" message after flashing then your phone is NOT unlocked. If you have your own personal Subsidy code then enter it and see if it unlocks your phone, If not enter the unlock code below to unlock your K1. Most users dont receive this message, my MP is already unlocked. You only receive this message if your phone is locked to a certain provider prior to flashing my MP, but sometimes flashing can re-activate the Subsidy code, but this is rare. It's best to have your Subsidy code on hand just in case you need it. Be careful when entering the unlock code, you only get so many attempts before your phone locks you out! Flashing a different MP will NOT unlock your phone, if your phone is locked and you flash my MP it will NOT unlock your phone. If you need your phone unlocked you need to call your service provider and get the unlock code, or follow Clarkey's K1 Unlock Guide and unlock your phone using MS Tools (included in the "Tools" folder of my MP)
IMPORTANT! You only get 3 attempts when entering Subsidy unlock code! Make sure your pressing the right keys because if you enter a invalid unlock code more than 3 times the phone will lock you out!
Subsidy Unlock Code: 0000 (or maybe 1535? Cant remember sorry, better to post it just in case)
Security Code: 000000
If your following this guide I'm sure your worried that your K1 is broken...Don't PANIC! That is not the case at all, a K1 can always be revived using a HARD TEST POINT. It requires you to take apart your K1, which sucks...but isn't very hard once you get into it. There used to be a guide around here on how to do it but it has vanished, so I'll merge it into this thread for safe keeping. I take apart every K1 I buy and get it ready for Hard TP, when i'm modding it's almost guaranteed that I will brick it at least once...Hard TP is a life saver. The hardest part for me was finding a tiny Torx 5 screwdriver, which I had to order from EBay because I could'nt find one at my local stores. Taking it apart was easy after I got those screws out...
REVIVE PHONE USING HARD TEST POINT:
Guide for taking apart a K1 is here, video is here
- Use a Torx 5 screwdriver to remove the 4 screws under the K1 battery cover.
- Use a credit card or guitar pick and remove the top part of the phone.
- You don't need to take the motherboard out of the "housing". Remove the cap and you will see the SIM and MicroSD slots, just pull the slot's board.
- Now you should see the metal protection. You will have to cut that protection. Use the photo below as a reference and cut out the red square area. The green area is the plate you will be cutting, the red area is where test point is so you don't have to remove the whole plate if you dont want to you just need the red area to be exposed. use a Knife/Cutter or razor blade to CAREFULLY cut out the red area or the whole green area/plate.
- Now you will need the thin wire and needle. Attach one end of the wire to the needle, tape the other end of the wire to the ground plate.
- Plug your phone in with the USB, without the battery. Now put the needle in the TP and put the battery. Open the RSDLite (google it 4 download). The phone will be recognized as "S BLANK NEPTUNE LTE2" if the TP was done correctly. I had a problem holding my battery and performing the test point so I had my girlfreind help. She held the battery in place for me while i did hard test point and flashing. Don't get discouraged, you will more than likely have to perform this several times before getting it to work. Once you get the phone to be recognized as "S BLANK NEPTUNE LTE2" you can continue with your repair operation!
DOWNLOADS: Password: krzrk1elite
Don't Forget To Click THANKS!