Hey M3 guys, love the site! I got a few ?'s for you.
1. I purchased a unlocked L6, and was wondering what I need to do to find out the existing firmware already installed on the device.
2. What is needed to mod the phone if it's already unlocked(is there anything else +/- the guide that's needed to be done)?
3. Where do I find the most current firmware for the phone?
Thanks in advanced for all responses! OH, a couple more things. Anyone wanting decent games can check out http://getjar.com and http://gamejump.com. I'm a graphics designer so you can look forward to new skins comingfor L6's!!!
1. You can press *#9999# and it shows up the firmware etc. Or you can go to menu, settings, phone status, software information.
2. Not really. Just make sure you make a backup, if anything goes wrong you can flash it and recover the phone. You can make a backup using F&B3, trial version available in the software downloads section.
3. You will need to look in the L6 Monster Packs downloads section. The latest one that we have is this one. But recently we discovered the L6i firmware, which is newer.
We have a great guide section with all the mods available for the L6 right here.