Just had my inside and outside screens replaced/cleaned today on my V3 Razr at a local phone repair shop. All went well, but the side buttons then ceased to work (volume and voice dial) so the tech then replaced the copper-colored piece on the inside as well. All works fine now, but when I went to put a new skin on, I found I can't connect to M4L to save my life. All I get is error unable to open, error please check preferences, error unable to connect. Tried your apps, nada. Rebooted phone, tried all my patented ways to make it work, nada. I'll try repairing permissions on Mac and rebooting it as well, but I'm at a loss. Any ideas? I did just install the latest Security Update, not sure if that could have anything to do with it.
Well, after a solid half-hour of messing about, I got it back and working. Repaired permissions and rebooted Mac, used the config and daemon apps, finally had some luck when I rebooted phone while daemon was running in the background. Heard the "whoosh," tried again, and it connected. The app changed a couple of numerical settings in Prefs (I also did some clicking of the AT/P2K buttons as well), and that seemed to do it. Not sure why this all occurred, assume it had to do with my phone being partially disassembled, probably the piece that controls the side keys did the deed. But that's all guessing. Makes me (almost) wish I used a pee cee to mod with.
Last edited by mr117; 05-26-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Reason: Automerged Doublepost