offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please help me with flashing this moto phone

Hi,

I am familiar with iphone and android phone stuff, but I'm clueless about regular phones. Here's the thing. I have this phone (EM326G), which is basically identical to EM325. When I called Motorola and gave them the phone's serial number, they even had it recorded as EM325 lol. Well, I got my hands on EM325 firmware (.pcf), and I want to flash this phone with it. Unfortunately, I don't know how

Can someone please tell me how to do this? I looked for guides sections, but I can't find one for this. I also tried googling and found a few possible methods:
    SCout Dongle Project - Home
    Smart-Clip is a professional device for unlocking cell phones. SmartMoto overview

Are they what I need to make this happen? Or, is there a better way to do this? I've come across an online post that said, I didn't need smart clip to flash .pcf file, so I'm guessing that there's an easier method. I would very much appreciate any guides you can provide me.

Thank you in advance,

GT

offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there,

Well i dont know about em326 since this type not come to my country, but for flashing the new firmware, i suggest not to use the other flash file from different type, it can cause bootloader error.. If there is motolora support on yours, maybe you can bring the phone to them as there is not much information available to upgrading your phone

Regards

Sent from my Mi430 X2

Follow me @Qinoy_

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Web search indicates the EM326G is designed for use in the US on Net10, a wireless reseller using other carriers' GSM infrastructure. EM325 was once sold by Vodaphone, apparently. Since it is a dual-band phone (900/1800 or 850/1900, depending on locale), changing firmware from one to the other could result in no carrier signal. Rather than spending so much for an unlocking device for a $7 phone (eBay), I'd look for something else.
    Hic sunt dracones...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Web search indicates the EM326G is designed for use in the US on Net10, a wireless reseller using other carriers' GSM infrastructure. EM325 was once sold by Vodaphone, apparently. Since it is a dual-band phone (900/1800 or 850/1900, depending on locale), changing firmware from one to the other could result in no carrier signal. Rather than spending so much for an unlocking device for a $7 phone (eBay), I'd look for something else.
    Thanks, and I agree, but I actually don't care if I brick this phone. I'd be throwing away this phone anyway. I just want to try flashing 325 firmware and see what happens. This is a refurbished phone, and my gut feeling tells me that this was indeed 325 as Motorola themselves had it on their record, so I think it might work. I just want to know how to flash it.

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same phone, different carrier/locale = different radio = different model nuimber - maybe.

For starters, you'll need the drivers - https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhe...p/30,670,5503/.

RSD Lite (Google it) might work if you can find an official Motorola file, which I couldn't. I can't even determine which OS it uses; some sites say Linux, some "proprietary", one said "Mototmagx" which I don't think is an OS. Apparently it's not P2K, definitely not Android. Looks like you'll have to go with a dongle vendor's ".pcf" file if you want to flash anything.
    Hic sunt dracones...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Same phone, different carrier/locale = different radio = different model nuimber - maybe.

For starters, you'll need the drivers - https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhe...p/30,670,5503/.

RSD Lite (Google it) might work if you can find an official Motorola file, which I couldn't. I can't even determine which OS it uses; some sites say Linux, some "proprietary", one said "Mototmagx" which I don't think is an OS. Apparently it's not P2K, definitely not Android. Looks like you'll have to go with a dongle vendor's ".pcf" file if you want to flash anything.
    Thanks for lending me your brain power. I did some search and found out that this phone is an ODM phone. This page describes a software called MotoRocker:

>>> MotoRocker v4.03 - EM325, W397 (more ODM models added) <<< - GSMRapid, Kabir TeleCom

I may try this software. Meanwhile, I was also thinking... if I can't flash EM325 or even before doing that, can you think of any ways to unlock this phone? I already tried getting an unlock code, but that option just isn't available. So, I'm wondering about hacks that may work. I figure I should try something like that before resorting to flashing em325 firmware.

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like you could use what you find there to unlock. That is, assuming the link is still good after two years. Otherwise, google "unlock em325". You might find a code for a few bucks. "ODM" apparently means the phone was made for Moto by somebody else, so hacks are probably out of the question.
    Hic sunt dracones...