offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP: white screen, step-by-step instructions to navigate to USB settings and change

Hello all,

My unlocked RIZR z3 only displays a blank, white screen. It still works, dials and receives calls, though. Just can't see anything. (It is bricked?)

Trying to get my contacts off the phone. Person at Best Buy says they can do it, but the "USB settings" needs to be changed to a different mode ("data/modem" or "data connection," I believe). Read the stuff on "flashpointing" and "PDS"-ing, but it's making my headspin and am thinking that getting my phone into the right USB setting might be easier.

Can someone please list step-by-step instructions (i.e. enter "main menu" by clicking circle button, press down "x" number of times to get to "settings.....etc.) so I can navigate to the proper menu? Any other suggestions?

(I have tried using motorola phone tools, but get an "on air sync" error. I got the pictures off, but no luck with the most important thing, the contacts).

Or if test-pointing and flashing the phone is your recommended recourse, can you streamline the steps I will need to take in order to get the contacts off my phone?

I have read the threads below, but still not sure how to put it all together.
    White screen problem after RSA Removal
    Reviving dead phones & Repair PDS(Tutorial)
    [GUIDE] RSA-Removal Z3

Please help. Thanks.

offline Skilfull Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your phone is still functioning without the screen, you can use THIS to read contents of phone (contacts, photos, etc).

Good Lucks!
    Eye Mod Moto!
    V3i_Ritza_II_Nano_MP|J#$H's Perfect K1 MP |V3_mm.us_374_fldodger_MP,|v3r_guy_r3443u2_dragon_mp2_0 |V3xx_Revolution_RK_MP|The_ROKR_Z3|v3x_HeartlessMOD@V3X_V4|HTC Aria | MotoBlur Cliq

offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if the phone is working then its not brick. the display is either damaged or some part in the phone has become lose. i can't give you step by step instructions to change to data/modem mode because i have a custom mma_ucp so its different for me but i think if the phone is places in bootloader mode and connected to the computer its just the same as data/modem mode. all P2K software i have tried connect to my phone when placed in bootloader mode. to get to bootloader mode press and hold * + # + the power key for about 3 seconds WHILE THE PHONE IS TURNED OFF. the phone will then turn on into bootloader mode

offline E is for Ezra
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if the phone is working and connecting to the computer without issues i'd try dropping a known good mma_ucp onto the phone and restarting it. If that doesn't fix your issue then you may have a bad flex cable which is a cheap and easy thing to replace.