offline Of Mice and Modders
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Outer screen's icons doen´t work at all

I know, i know, Some skins need the cli_ski.dat and cli.ski files to work with v3xx, i know that already.

I installed the skin "Forbidden Darkness" and "MagxMoto" on my phone and found that i cannot see the icons on the external screen: clock, drm, etc...

I found on the forum that i should copy the cli_ski.dat and cli.ski files on the folder of the skins, rename them like the name of the others files of the skin, and then reinstall the skin on the phone but.... It doesnt work at all, the icons are gone!

What do i have to do???? Please, Help me!

I used the cli_ski.dat and cli.ski files from the "Black Remedy" skin, witch I already had when i flash the "Black Widow MP", and tried to update the skins using p2ktools VS and Skiman but none of them seem to work....

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i found a solution.

you should do a new clean install of the skin you want. find the cli.dat and cli.ski you want. rename it to the same as the skin name and all you need to do is transfer those two files into the skin folder on your phone with p2k. only use skiman to do the clean install. then use p2k to transfer the cli files to the phone, no need for anything fancy.

if you skin is called "myskin.ski", then rename your cli files to "myskin_cli.dat" and "myskin_cli.ski", the way you renamed it above looks like it's not the correct way.

after you done install. restart phone. then transfer those two files over to your mobile. then restart phone. then your new skin should work with external display.
    Last edited by conceptv; 08-14-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the answer conceptv.

I did all that you posted. Clean my skins, reinstall it (MagxMoto) using "skiman". then reboot the phone. Then I open the phone using p2kToolsVS, use the _cli.ski and _cli.dat files (from the Black Remedy skin),

rename them from "Black Remedy_cli.ski " and "Black Remedy_cli.dat" to "MagxMoto_cli.ski" and "MagxMoto_cli_dat"

and then copy them into the MagxMoto skin folder on my phone, then I restarded the phone and.... Nothings happens, the external screen is empty, it only shows the WP.

What can i do????

Maybe you can help me and mod the skin so i Can use it without do anything... man, i´m new using v3xx, give me a hand!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe there's something wrong with the files you used from black remedy. you should try with new cli and dat files. attached is a zip file with the two cli files i know works for sure because they are the same one's i used when i had my problem. and the one i am still using. i already renamed it for you. all you need to do is transfer them into the skin folder and overwrite the old ones you used.

make sure you are not using that skin when you transfer these files. set your skin back to a default skin. then transfer the files in. restart your phone. it should work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG! It works, thank you! You are truly a "MOTO MASTER".

Let me tell you: there was one KB of difference of my cli.ski file from yours... Maybe it was wrong from the first time. Anyway, thanks again.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    glad it worked! and i'm far from moto master! i'm still an itty bitty modder like yourself haha.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This Helped me fix my phone too thank you so much Coceptv. To me you are a moto master

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks maan!! You are a god!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by conceptv View Post
    maybe there's something wrong with the files you used from black remedy. you should try with new cli and dat files. attached is a zip file with the two cli files i know works for sure because they are the same one's i used when i had my problem. and the one i am still using. i already renamed it for you. all you need to do is transfer them into the skin folder and overwrite the old ones you used.

make sure you are not using that skin when you transfer these files. set your skin back to a default skin. then transfer the files in. restart your phone. it should work.
    You are so amazing man,thanks a lot.My phone right now has been working perfectly.