offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Home Key stopped working. Can't Lock Phone. Missing Power Options. FIX

One of my Cliq's developed this problem but it is all over the internet on other Android phones. The Home Button doesn't work except in recovery, the phone will not provide a lock screen and every key turns the screen back on, and the only Power Options you get when holding the power/lock button down for a couple seconds is the Power Off option.

Every website says to hit the Clear Data button on Google Apps but the newer versions of Market do not have a Clear Data button. The other option was to perform a factory reset. Here is an easier fix that takes a couple of minutes.

Go to Settings, Accounts, Add Account. Add another Google account. Don't sync anything. Go back and remove that Google account.

My lock screen, power options, and Home button started working again without a reboot. Quick and easy and the best thing is you don't lose your main account. Enjoy!

2. 4 Users Say Thank You to xtreme777 For This Useful Post

babelglyph (02-03-2012), Saurus (11-29-2011), Skv012a (12-23-2011), wolfs_darkshadow (11-28-2011)

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for this bit of info, just ran into this issue today, and your fix worked great.. Two Thumbs Up .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfs_darkshadow For This Useful Post:

babelglyph (02-03-2012)

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never encountered this issue but it's great to know there's an alternative to backing up all your Good Stuff before destroying it all with factory reset - a real time saver. Thanks for the contribution.
    Hic sunt dracones...

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    THANK YOU! This worked for my Motorola Backflip today. The phone restarted itself soon after and I was afraid it was going to reset the home key again, but there were no issues. Thanks for saving me and my phone from factory reset!