offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

unlock LG Thrill can't use tmobile mobile internet need help

I just unlocked my LG Thrill from ATT to T-Mobile. I have call t-mobile and have the actual APN settings written down and I change my APN setting when the T-Mobile tech on the phone with me. it just wont let me select T-Mobile after I add the new APN and I can't delet the old ATT APN so now I can't use t-mobile's mobile internet but only the voice and wifi works. so any one who know how to fix this problem PLEASE HELP......
    Thank you

offline Full of Awesome :)
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not too familiar with at&t phones, but from what I'm told they are pretty locked down in stock. You may need to flash a custom rom to have access to saving a different apn.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    Remember to be respectful to others, this is a family-friendly forum.

Remember to thank those who have helped you!

Eccentric Vision Development Team
    Need a recovery for Motorola Cliq 2

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try to reinstall it.

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by matdog56 View Post
    I just unlocked my LG Thrill from ATT to T-Mobile. I have call t-mobile and have the actual APN settings written down and I change my APN setting when the T-Mobile tech on the phone with me. it just wont let me select T-Mobile after I add the new APN and I can't delet the old ATT APN so now I can't use t-mobile's mobile internet but only the voice and wifi works. so any one who know how to fix this problem PLEASE HELP......
    Thank you
    AT&T and T-Mobile USA use different 3G bands. You can not get 3G data speeds with cross-branded phones, but 2G (EDGE) data should work, since that data is carried within the GSM bands. There is no software mod that can enable a phone to use a different band; it appears to be a hardware difference, perhaps different 3G antenna configuration.

But the apn still has to be changed; idk how it is being disallowed. Find and install a custom rom for your phone is the best bet, as dlamber7 suggests.
    Last edited by Saurus; 04-28-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Hic sunt dracones...