offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

somone help me please i have a CLIQ 2 and motocast updated now i get a MTP USB Device

hi all motorola updated motocast the tools use to manage the phone threw usb since they did this i get a MTP USB Device Failed and not even a uninstall and re install of older motocast will work. now its like they broke my usb interface for my phone or there own driver. any help appreciated as now i cant even sync my music or pictures or anything. this error MTP USB Device Failed is driving me nuts anyone help me fix please.

wired thing is windows media sync works but as soon as i put it on usb mass storage i get this MTP USB Device driver error drive failed please someone help thanks i can use the windows media sync but i rather like having the usb mass storage working.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Jerry View Post
    hi all motorola updated motocast the tools use to manage the phone threw usb since they did this i get a MTP USB Device Failed and not even a uninstall and re install of older motocast will work. now its like they broke my usb interface for my phone or there own driver. any help appreciated as now i cant even sync my music or pictures or anything. this error MTP USB Device Failed is driving me nuts anyone help me fix please.

wired thing is windows media sync works but as soon as i put it on usb mass storage i get this MTP USB Device driver error drive failed please someone help thanks i can use the windows media sync but i rather like having the usb mass storage working.
    after numerous searches online and even talking to motorola they had no answer i found one and it works 100% here is link to what i did ignore the droid thing as it works and this device driver did show up for it in there and well back in business. i still haven't tried debugging mode that's for a diffident day. Droid Pro (some Motorola phones) do not mount after Android Update - CompanionLink Knowledge Base

Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Jerry View Post

after numerous searches online and even talking to motorola they had no answer i found one and it works 100% here is link to what i did ignore the droid thing as it works and this device driver did show up for it in there and well back in business. i still haven't tried debugging mode that's for a diffident day. Droid Pro (some Motorola phones) do not mount after Android Update - CompanionLink Knowledge Base
    this also works for USB Debugging mode as well note motorola tier 3 tech called me today i told them what i did and they said good glad you got it to work on a side note the noted the fix and if anyone calls will be telling them how to fix it. they said is wired that it did this but they also said it has been a issue for a while with the gingerbread update and is a android issue.
    Last edited by Tom&Jerry; 10-25-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom&Jerry For This Useful Post:

Saurus (10-27-2012)

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you were able to find the solution on your own. I sometimes find the MTP device driver gets in the way, but just a minor nuisance. Now I know what can be done about it. Good work.
    Hic sunt dracones...

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    I'm glad you were able to find the solution on your own. I sometimes find the MTP device driver gets in the way, but just a minor nuisance. Now I know what can be done about it. Good work.
    your welcome hope it helps others to.