New to the android developper world, i wanted to share with you an
application that i made. With this application, the user can trigger
an alert in case of an emergency or accident (text message, email,
As you will see, the user will be able to learn first aid emergency
gestures, find an emergency service's phone number and also find a
defibrillator (AED) around the user or around a location defined by
It's pretty hard for an app such as yours, which is intended to be used on certain occasions to compete against other apps which are intended to be used everyday and as a consequence people tend to appreciate them more.
A little up to remind you the goal and fonctionnalities of the app :
The application was developped for these purposes :
- Reassure women who goes for a jogging alone
- Reassure parents by providing their children an emergency call service
- Allow isolated people to contact emergency services
- Allow isolated workers to send their positions in case of problems to their boss or other contacts
- Learn how to react to an emergency (burn, heart problems etc.).
A reminder of the features offered by the application:
- Call a contact in case of emergency
- Send a SMS to one or more contacts. This message includes the GPS location and the address of the person in danger
- Send an email to one or more contacts. The email includes a map showing the position of the person.
- List of emergency numbers (fire, police, etc.)
- List of actions to perform in case of problems
- Ability to find a hospital, doctor, pharmacist, dentist near a position or a specific address
- Creating a health record to indicate a history of health problems (allergies etc.).
The application is available on Android Market and costs € 0.99.
ISOS is rated 4.6 / 5.