offline Of Mice and Modders
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Case caused problems with my G1

Well after nearly 6 years(ish) with my razr it finally died on me so I got the G1. I've had it for about two weeks now and for the most part I love it. For the first few days I had no problems with it. Then, I bought a new case that would clip onto my belt and allowed the G1 to lay on its side. Well, almost as soon as I started using the case I started having problems. Multiple days, problems, and factory resets later I realized that I only seemed to be having problems when using that case. As it turns out there is a fairly powerful magnet in that case which holds it closed and apparently the G1 DOES NOT like living next to a magnet. I stopped using the case and stopped having problems. Today, just to make sure that I was right I decided to use the case again. Same problem.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is, STAY AWAY FROM MAGNETIC CLOSURE CASES. On hindsight I really think that should have occured to me before. Oh well..

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a link to the specific case? Did the product information for it says it was specifically for the G1?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thx for letting us know, atleast it didn't cause permanent damage to your g1... good luck with finding a new case soon.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Izlude View Post
    Got a link to the specific case? Did the product information for it says it was specifically for the G1?
    Hi. Sorry for the delayed answer to your questions. It took me forever to find the case online. I bought it at a local department store and I no longer had the packaging. Anyway, to answer your questions no the phone did not say that it was made for the G1. But, the G1 fit so I figured what the heck its worth a shot.

here is a link to the actual case that G1 owners should stay away from.

http://www.wirester.com/modern-serie...hpa1013np.html

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thats pretty intresting...Thanks for the heads up , and glad your Dream is good to go.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since the included case with the phone is crap, does anyone have a non-magnetic case that attaches to a belt?

A quick stroll through eBay shows nothing but magnetic enclosures.

I suppose a button snap is to dangerous for displays, and velcro is perhaps obsolete?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one with the magnetic closure and don't have any issues. I put mine screen toward my belt backside out. That way if something hits it the back will take the blow instead of the screen.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i make this and work fine... :-)

http://modmygphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15221

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for reviving an old thread but if you still are looking for a case I can recommend Krusell (http://www.krusell.se).

They have cases made specific for almost every unit released. Well, atleast those that are released here in Europe.

G1:
    http://www.krusell.se/nav/searchResu...hString=HTC+G1

G2 Magic:
    http://www.krusell.se/nav/searchResu...ring=HTC+Magic

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I found a great case for the G1, right at the source, T-Mobile. It is a belt pouch affair, and it even works with the gel cover on the phone. The phone sits horizontally along your beltline.

The case is made of leather, with the cover portion being of a distressed leather. The best part is that it has no magnets, rather it uses two smal snaps to keep it closed. There is a sewn-on label (small) that reads T-Mobile on it.

I picked it up at a corporate location. You may not find it at agent stores.