Thread: Blank Screen

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blank Screen

Razr V3. My daughter sent me this phone. Our cell phone burned in our motor home. Any way, I plugged in the charger and the key board lighted but not the screen. Wondering: Is this because I do not have a sims card, am I doing something wrong, or is the phone broke?

Would seem that some one could answer the question simply by removing their sims card to see if the screen goes blank. I do not have another cell phone to do this myself. Before investing more money I just want to know if it is worth the chance. Look I'm 81 and am not very technically inclined, so help. Thanks
    Last edited by EarleH; 12-11-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

offline Janitor
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,469 Times in 3,399 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it is not any Sim Card issue.
    It is a bit more complicated. I guess that the phone needs its software reinstalled. Called flashing.
    For that you need to install the Motorola drivers on your PC or Laptop and connect the Phone via USB cable. Then with a Program like RSD Lite it would be possible to see what Bootloader is on the Phone, and how it could be repaired.

Please do not kiss, or lick, the Monitor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dumba For This Useful Post:

Jabbacks (12-12-2011)

offline Skilfull Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicely written reply... keep it up Dumba
    Eye Mod Moto!
    V3i_Ritza_II_Nano_MP|J#$H's Perfect K1 MP |V3_mm.us_374_fldodger_MP,|v3r_guy_r3443u2_dragon_mp2_0 |V3xx_Revolution_RK_MP|The_ROKR_Z3|v3x_HeartlessMOD@V3X_V4|HTC Aria | MotoBlur Cliq

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EarleH View Post
    Razr V3. My daughter sent me this phone. Our cell phone burned in our motor home. Any way, I plugged in the charger and the key board lighted but not the screen. Wondering: Is this because I do not have a sims card, am I doing something wrong, or is the phone broke?

Would seem that some one could answer the question simply by removing their sims card to see if the screen goes blank. I do not have another cell phone to do this myself. Before investing more money I just want to know if it is worth the chance. Look I'm 81 and am not very technically inclined, so help. Thanks
    The screen will still light up without a sim card installed, and say "Insert SIM". If the hinge seems rather loose on one side, there's a good chance the flex cable between the two halves is broken. Best get another phone compatible with your carrier. Your old sim may still work, if it didn't melt from the heat, so your contacts wouldn't be lost.
    Hic sunt dracones...

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your old sim may still work