- 09-16-2010, 02:22 PM #1
[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.0.0 DS Stable
This ROM is completely the work of the Cyanogen Team. All credits go to them for their hard work. M3 was given permission to post this ROM here to make it more easily accessible to it's members. Thank you to Cyanogen and his team for working with us and allowing us to bring you their work! The following is the description as given by the CyanogenMod Team.
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
It's important to know that the "DangerSPL" (or DeathSPL or Haykuro's SPL or whatever you prefer) is a prerequisite for Dream/G1 users. Magic (MT3G etc) users do *not* need to do this. Ciwrl has written a guide to installing this bootloader. Flashing this bootloader under the wrong conditions can actually brick your device, so pay attention to the guide. CM releases have always avoided this requirement, but the new bootloader frees up enough space so that no crazy hacks are required for a fully functional system, and it's easier to keep in sync with the N1/Droid releases.
- First time flashing CM 6 to your Dream/Sapphire (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager or Amon_RA's recovery image
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio if necessary
5. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
Latest version: 6.0.0-DS - 08/27/2010
Google Addon: MDPI-TINY-20100816
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
- 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM #2Itty Bitty Modder
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
It appears the download link is down. I attempted to check the wiki for it, but it's also down there. Help please?
EDIT: Strike that, I found it =)
EDIT: Well I found it, but C's forum requires registration and a certain number of posts before I can download it... lame. I'll try looking for a mirror somewhere without as much hoops to jump through.
Last edited by seveeerrm; 01-30-2011 at 05:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to seveeerrm For This Useful Post:
- 01-30-2011, 05:57 PM #3
O I stand corrected. thats BS
O wow, also found this:
"Due to bandwidth costs, members are restricted to one download per month. Please consider donating to lift the restrictions on downloads. Thanks."
"The preffered method of d/l is via ROM Manager.
Last edited by MotoMudder; 01-30-2011 at 06:06 PM.