Official nexus one FRF85B update download (manually)
The android 2.2 froyo FRF85B update is finally here. If you don't want to wait for the OTA update, you can manually update to FRF85B by following these simple steps.
NOTE: I wouldn't recommend this to users who rooted their device with the earlier version of Android 2.2.
1. Download the android 2.2 froyo FRF85B update for Nexus One.
2. Now extract it and rename it to ”update.zip”.
3. Now connect your Nexus One to your PC.
4. Copy the ”update.zip" file to the root of your SD card.
5. Now hold down the Power button and the track ball to reboot your Nexus One in recovery mode.
6. Now select ”Bootloader” from the next screen.
7. Select the ”Recovery” option.
8. Now hold the Power button and the Volume Up button for some time.
9. Now choose ”Apply SDcard:update.zip” and wait till the phone reboots and finishes the FRF85B update.
5 Users Say Thank You to SuperJoker For This Useful Post
Danation (06-30-2010), j_r0dd (06-29-2010), sublime1184 (06-29-2010), Tidbits (07-03-2010), ZduneX25 (06-29-2010)
I am surprised it's bigger than the 4 leaked zips of froyo combined. Am I missing something here?
I know just wondering why it is twice the size of the 4 leaked updates. Would expect maybe 10-20% larger at the most, but nearly 200%.
Originally Posted by SuperJoker
Also thanks, and the site went down.