- 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM #1
[P500] Hardware acceleration + JIT
This update enables JIT and hardware acceleration for p500 users.
All you need is correct recovery follow: [P500] Custom Recovery Thunder
1. Rename downloaded file with update.zip then put it directly on SD.
2. Go into recovery (Home+Volume down+Power)
3. Pick "flash zip from sdcard"
4. Find and select update.zip
Done, thanks to [MENTION=3079372]kriz[/MENTION]2000
- 02-09-2011, 08:19 AM #2
1. I'm not really sure.. but I read somewhere about froyo having the JIT compiler.. I'm not sure where. Or maybe I'm just confused with something else.
2. What is the gain I get by installing this?
3.What exactly is hardware acceleration? Does it drain more battery? And how do I undo it if I go ahead and install
- 02-09-2011, 05:19 PM #3Fallout Survivor
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
- Area 51
- Thanked 966 Times in 762 Posts
JIT was brought out (fully) in Froyo
You gain a speed boost in larger apps such as maps
Hardware acceleration doesn't drain the battery as such only when certain components (Such as GXF Chip) get used
This is all designed for speeding up the device and you won't notice much in a drain, Why would you wanna drop speed?HTC Sensation @ 1.6ghz with Sense 4
The Following User Says Thank You to avatar_43 For This Useful Post:
- 02-10-2011, 06:58 AM #4