Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Double0EK View Post
    Which method did you use to download the ROM? Also if you used CWM then you may have dl'd the wrong file...just a suggestion.

Sent from my CM7'd Cliq using Tapatalk
    Yes I recommend downloading the file directly and then rebooting into CWM recovery and installing the zip from SD. I do not own the pro version of ROM Manager so I can't download the roms through it anyway.

Question 1:
    Anyone using this ROM, that has used other ROMs:
    Which ROM offers the fastest response and load times?

This ROM is already tons faster than moto-2.1, and probably moto-cupcake. I am slammed in school right now (overloaded course load for summer) plus working overtime so I don't have time to ROM bounce.

I'm primarily interested in application speed.

Question 2:
    Is there anyway to disable the online google search so that when I type something from the desktop it will just search the local contacts/etc?

It is so much slower to get a contact than cupcake was and I got so used to cupcake that I forget to click contacts before I type.

Thanks again!

offline Call Me THE Mobile Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has been updated today

offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds Great. I hope the SYM key is fixed in this one and also that the market works. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Right now is too late for me.

With the help of Root Un-installer I've removed unnessary apps from the sytem in 2.1.5 and it has been doing better than MM_Cliq did for me. I'm really happy with it. I'll give CM7 another try. But there are certain design things I like about Stock over CM7, then other things about CM7 over Stock. I'm kinda torn unil I can find CM7 working out better. We'll see.
    HTCMyTouch 4G
    Froyo 2.2.1
    Modded by Temp Root

Cliq Titanium
    Stock 2.1.5 Rooted
    ROM Manager
    Clockwork Mod Recovery

offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question MT?

Is there a way to have mutlitouch on this AMAZING rom?
    Phone: Dext (rooted) Operator: Telcel Mexico
    ROM: CM4Morrison 7.1.0 Custom Recovery: Clockwork Mod Recovery
    3g Status: lost until downgrading is possible

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by j@$ View Post
    Its because they are in /data/app
    ill see if we can get that fixed, its a known issue with apps that are there sorry :/
    I appreciate all your help, the ability to switch off the data worked perfect and no app needed.

Is there a place to d/l the apps to get them added, they sound like they are great additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Double0EK View Post
    Which method did you use to download the ROM? Also if you used CWM then you may have dl'd the wrong file...just a suggestion.

I downloaded and installed from the sdcard. I will use cw to check for periodic updates, this was the only way I could get it to work for me, for some reason installing initially through cw hung the phone up...okay truth be known I screwed it up, I kept 'reading' the instructions too quickly and kept wiping the wrong things, it was not til I read a post that said if you wiped this one thing the phone would hang. I went back and actually READ and saw the errors of my ways.

Thanks for all you guys do, with this ROM my girlfriend can actually use my phone and not get ticked at the slow speed from the original.
    Last edited by stars75238; 06-06-2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if it's possible to use this tweak for improving CLIQ network speed...
    [Tweak] Faster 3G
    it seems enable HSDPA on mobile...
    I found a big improvement on network speed of my backflip running CM6 beta2...
    thanks to splatterb0y

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Question 2:
    Is there anyway to disable the online google search so that when I type something from the desktop it will just search the local contacts/etc?

It is so much slower to get a contact than cupcake was and I got so used to cupcake that I forget to click contacts before I type.

Thanks again! [/QUOTE]

To change your search setting is easy. start typing then press the option button (the one with the squares) on your phone and click on search settings and look in searchable items. uncheck web.

offline Of Mice and Modders
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Question..
    Can I flash this ROM using j_r0dd's?
    I can't exactly go through the process of flashing a new recovery cause I don't want to go through the steps on my dad's Desktop.
    My netbook's keyboard exploded on itself and isn't working, and I don't know if its the physical keyboard or the motherboard, but anyways, would it work with j_r0dd's recovery? Thanks
    Still satisfied with Ja$$yCliq, so idk. Just kinda wanna try something else for the fun of it

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick question. When im making a call my phone consistantly vibrates everytime its slightly rotated. ive tried every combination of vibration setting and the only one that worked was setting it to vibrate only in silent mode then puttin my phone in silent mode. Then no more vibration. any other sugestions would be great.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by reserved View Post
    Question..
    Can I flash this ROM using j_r0dd's?
    I can't exactly go through the process of flashing a new recovery cause I don't want to go through the steps on my dad's Desktop.
    My netbook's keyboard exploded on itself and isn't working, and I don't know if its the physical keyboard or the motherboard, but anyways, would it work with j_r0dd's recovery? Thanks
    Still satisfied with Ja$, so idk. Just kinda wanna try something else for the fun of it
    Yes it should work. I would advise using this for a good clean wipe along with wiping in recovery. Just flash it in recovery. This was made by ngiordano/team rogue to ensure proper wipes as that is the biggest cause of bad installs. Good luck.

[MENTION=3214876]Turion37[/MENTION] yes the sym key is working

[MENTION=3186049]edogaru[/MENTION] no, no multitouch, the devs don't support it.
    Last edited by jethro650; 06-06-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added more info
    Phone:Samsung Galaxy S3
    Custom Recovery:CWMTouch
    ROM:AOKP
    Kernel:ktoonzes AOSP
    Android version:4.0.4 soon to be CM10

If I have helped, please, just hit the thanks button

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jethro650 For This Useful Post:

reserved (06-06-2011)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jamboxboy View Post
    Question 2:

Thanks again!
    To change your search setting is easy. start typing then press the option button (the one with the squares) on your phone and click on search settings and look in searchable items. uncheck web.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks a ton. That was so easy I'm ashamed. haha

It is so much faster now. I don't have to click contacts!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks but no it don't.

I installed it and is working good. I've had to adjust settings as it seems to drain a battery a bit when in use. Other than the Sym key not working, the phone dail pad disappears when I try to push something, and otherwise I like being able to install over the Stock image so I can keep my rooster alarm. The ROM seems to work very well. I'd just like to get the SYM key to work and enable App2SD. In GScript it doesn't do it.
    HTCMyTouch 4G
    Froyo 2.2.1
    Modded by Temp Root

Cliq Titanium
    Stock 2.1.5 Rooted
    ROM Manager
    Clockwork Mod Recovery

offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [MENTION=3214876]Turion37[/MENTION] check the thread over at sa he posted the new unofficial rom with sym key working.
    Sorry I'm rarely home so I can't really update, that's why I had said that u guys would need to help each other out a lot as I can't just copy and paste constantly =( sorry for the inconvinience
    Sent from my CLIQ using Tapatalk

offline Of Mice and Modders
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious.. after getting this rom setup and working.. I put my gmail in so I can have contacts.. any reason why I got an email from google teling me to register my Nexus S with samsung?.. pretty sure I'm still using a cliq lol

Great rom. No real big issues.

offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by reserved View Post
    Curious.. after getting this rom setup and working.. I put my gmail in so I can have contacts.. any reason why I got an email from google teling me to register my Nexus S with samsung?.. pretty sure I'm still using a cliq lol

Great rom. No real big issues.

Lol I think its the fingerprint since the cliq never got 2.3 officially we have to use a different devices fingerprint hehe