.::A1200/A780/E680i/E6::. Skin Installer and Splash Installer by Eakrin
This was created by a very awesome thai modder, Eakrin. This is the best, faster, n00b friendly, safest way to install skins and themes. Prior installing it, you'll also need an application called Busybox, and optionally, ezxpopup. Dont worry, these files are included in the download pack. The following steps are copied from his guide, with a couple of modifications to make it more understandable:
To install a skin
1. for A780/E680i you need to change to default theme and restart phone. A1200 and E6 can skip this step.
2. in File program tap and hold on .pskn file until popup menu appear.
3. select open with menu
4. select skin installer and check in use this program to open. and tap on ok button.
5. skin installer 'll display dialog "Install xxxx.pskn" after installation complete dialog "install complete" 'll. if you dont install ezxpopup you'll here a peep sound.
6. restart phone to completely change to new skin.
How to install another skin
1. for A780/E680i need to change to default theme and restart phone. A1200/E6 does not need.
2. install a .pskn in the same method as above.
How to delete installed skin
1. for A780/E680i you need to change to default theme and restart phone. A1200/E6 does not need to follow this step.
2. Install a default_skin.pskn in the same method as above. This file is included in the download pack
How to install a splash screen with splash installer
1. in File program tap and hold on .phm file until popup menu appear.
2. select open with menu
3. select splash installer and check in use this program to open. and tap on ok button.
4. splash installer 'll display dialog "Install xxxx.phm" after installation complete dialog "install complete" 'll appear. if you dont install ezxpopup or ezxdialog you 'll here a peep sound.
5. restart phone to completely change to new splash.
PS: For ccmove's A1200 skin that doesnt have a phm file use ccmove_Splash.phm to install splash by copy ccmove_Splash.phm into the same folder as power on and off animation files.This file is included in the download pack.
How to installed another splash
1. Install a .phm in the same method as above.
How to delete installed splash
1. install a default_splash.phm in the same method as above.This file is included in the download pack
How to reset and clear everything about skin and theme that install by Skin & Splash Installer.
Do a MASTER RESET. everything about splash and skin will be removed and everything will be back to factory default. No garbage skins anymore.
There are a lot of E6/A1200 skins in our downloads area. Go, and enjoy
Finally, the download link. I'll be updating it as newer versions appear.
what i saw missin here was a place where we can download the .phm files...
so i went over to a motorolafans and saw alpha43's guide to moddin the e6...
n now i have my own custom startup n shut down gifs
(iv just changed it a bit)
Some skin packages already have th .phm file - but if your package does not then it is very easy to create one as it consists of only three lines (see below). You can either copy this *.phm file from another skin package or create it new. Edit it using Wordpad (not Notepad) substituting in the names of the startup and shutdown gifs that you want to use on lines 2 and 3. Put this file in the same directory as the skin package with the gifs you want to use.
Example of a *.phm file (eg TLINUX1.phm)
PowerOnScreen = on.gif
PowerOffScreen = off.gif
so if u have your startup gif as alienon.gif and your shut down gif as alienoff.gif, do the following
I still cannot get teh Icons to change and when i start it up it doesnt say apple and same when i turn it off someone please help me and explain it so a 15 year old will know hwat there doing explain every little step
1. Install the skin installer to the phone (follow archers post above on how to install this application). Also required is busy box and optionally ezxpopup (to get confirmation dialogs)..if ezxpopup is not installed, then u will hear a voice say "installation complete"
2. Copy the folder in which your .pskn file is to the root of the memory card. Now make sure that there are no spaces of any kind in the folder name or the skin doesnt get installed
3. Click and hold on the pskn file till u get a popup (this was what i tried to do by holding the stylus on the file, but i released the stylus too soon and the skin got installed)
4. Select "open with" and choose "Skins" from the list that comes up
5. Make the association with the application so that if u have to change the theme later, u dont have to start all over again, just click on the pskn file
6. You will get a popup saying that the skin is being installed
7. After this , ull get a confirmation dialog saying that the skin is installed and that you have to restart the phone
8. Restart the phone to completely install the skin