Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    offline Of Mice and Modders
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

CLIQ Wi-fi problems: Please read and answer

After long time tests I came to on result.
    My phones wi-fi not working becuse it's unlocked ant then I insert another sim card which is not working in my country and there is not GSM antena indicator on that time wi-fi starts working but then I put my normal sim card which is working in my country and phone getting signal from GSM network it blocks wi-fi and I can't use my wi-fi even after that when I insert back the other cart which don't have network coverege in my country again it's not working till I fully format phone from settings.

Please if someone can have solution with this post here or tell me how to fix this so have working phone wit wi-fi
    Last edited by ITMASTER; 12-24-2009 at 11:32 PM.

offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure... Turn WiFi off.. put your SIM in, connect USB, run "adb logcat" turn wifi on and attempt to connect, paste results.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for dumb question but you mean put my real working sim with the one wi-fi not working right?
    not the one from xcingular which is not having gsm network but wi-fi working

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the logcat results with both sim cards:
    file named wi-fi log1 is the one when sim card is from other provider which is not getting coverege in my country but wi-fi works and the file named wi-fi log2 is with my sim card inside which is working and getting gsm coverege and that time wi-fi can't conect to any network please help me if there is any hope to fix this using logs.

p.s. also attached wi-fi files copied from root of phone
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ITMASTER; 12-24-2009 at 08:56 AM.

offline public static final boolean isEvil() { return true; }
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 2,119 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have quite a few threads on the topic... I'm closing the other ones.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok keep this one and sorry if I make flude

offline public static final boolean isEvil() { return true; }
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 2,119 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's ok, just keeping it all consolidated

I'm not sure what's causing your problem, or I'd help.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am waiting for genibus to check my logs and tell how we can fix this is my last hope((

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should change the title of this thread, I thought you were gonna ask me out or something (jk). =)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ITMASTER, can you please provide your dhcp files in /system/etc/dhcpcd

Thanks,

From your logs its quite odd. In the successful case it doesnt really trigger regulatory checks, in the unsuccessful you see it assigns a country code of AM but per the regulatory specs country code AM permits:
    country AM:
    (2402 - 2482 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
    (5170 - 5250 @ 20), (N/A, 18)
    (5250 - 5330 @ 20), (N/A, 18), DFS

And your device is trying to connect to: 12-24 15:40:49.948 550 550 I wpa_supplicant: Trying to associate with 00:1a:
    70:aa:58:dc (SSID='WVA' freq=2462 MHz)

Which is within spec, something else is failing in assigning an IP via dhcp so please provide those files when you get a chance.
    *EDIT*
    Please also include a printout of running processes w/ID's along with another failure capture in the logs... you can do this by executing ps from shell. Also please include a filesize of dhcpcd with ls -l /system/bin/dhcpcd

Last question, do you the frequency your carrier is using when you are able to register on gsm? If not, can you please provide your country & carrier name.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ITMASTER View Post
    Here is the logcat results with both sim cards:
    file named wi-fi log1 is the one when sim card is from other provider which is not getting coverege in my country but wi-fi works and the file named wi-fi log2 is with my sim card inside which is working and getting gsm coverege and that time wi-fi can't conect to any network please help me if there is any hope to fix this using logs.

p.s. also attached wi-fi files copied from root of phone
    Ok, looking closer at it, it sounds like although the frequency is supported, possibly the channel being requested is not supported with the CC=AM. I would have to know what wifi channel the WVA (linksys extender) is broadcasting on.. the Frequency is within spec range but the channel possibly is not. The reason it works with a SIM card having no coverage is because the WiFi regulatory domain is pulled from the timezone and when you have coverage the phone is pulling the timezone from the time provided by the cellular network, whereas when you do not have coverage the timezone should come from the device settings however its producing "null" so its not reading those settings. Try this, From Settings -> Date & Time, uncheck "Automatic" and retest. If this fails still then leave Automatic unchecked but attempt changing your timezone to something like GMT-6.

-genibus
    Last edited by genibus; 12-24-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Genibus thanks for your reply first of all my timezone is not automatic for sure but timezone I put manualy is GMT +4 Yerevan city which is Armenia local timezone my provider is Beeline Armenia which is using 900/1800 gsm network my router is in channel 11 freq 2.462ghz but I tell you I tryed different channels again not working.
    I tryed different sim cards and understand that main reason for not working is GSM network when any card connect to gsm network and gett signal wi-fi disappears. I am providing new log with my Beeline sim card inside and also as you requested dhcpd files. as I understand from my tests wi-fi working when gsm antena is not appears it means any sim card which can't connect to gsm network that point wi-fi working. Hope we can find solution for me I really count on you ))

one more question can it be from unlock code that T-mobile gives? is it possible they have 2 different codes for one IMEI one for gsm carrier unlocking and one for wi-fi ?? because my friend ask them for code they asked him are you gona use in USA or internationaly he sayd internationaly so everything should be ok I think.

Also genibus my friend when my beeline card is insertd that time when I turn on wi-fi it's even not bringing available wi-fi list it feels like I m in area where is no wi-fi coverage but wi-fi is available for sure.

One more thing after I insert non working gsm card and wi-fi works then I remove that card and insert my working card wi-fi is not working so after that I remove my working sim card and reinsert the one which is not working and wi-fi worked with that one it's stops working even with that sim card till I will factory reset the phone. so it means it's enough to insert working sim card phone will register one time in my gsm network after that if I change to any other sim card even not working ones wi-fi not working..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ITMASTER; 12-25-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnybueno View Post
    You should change the title of this thread, I thought you were gonna ask me out or something (jk). =)
    Sorry my friend what you mean about title of thread?

offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having the same problem with a motorola cliq... Hopefully we can find a solution for this problem...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by swae View Post
    Having the same problem with a motorola cliq... Hopefully we can find a solution for this problem...
    In which country you live ? and which card you use ? also when you use your sim card you able to find networks or nothing found after scanning?

offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My provider is DigCell in BZ, when I insert my local chip it can't find any wifi networks. Simply says not in range. I would have to hold the power and camera button down and reset the phone then insert a t-mobile chip to regain wifi.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast