offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help NEED HELP PLEASE! Motorola MB200 - How do I overwrite T-Mobile OS with AT&T OS?

I have a Motorola MB200 and have used it with T-Mobile for a while, but then switched services to AT&T.

I am now using AT&T and had my phone unlocked to use AT&T.

What I don't like is that I have to use the software from T-Mobile. So what I'm wanting to do is remove the OS off this and replace it with an OS that works with AT&T. AT&T has version 2.1 of android I'd like to use, but I can't install it on this phone.

I'm really new to this whole thing so please be patient with me.

I've read into some things, like wiping and rooting the phone. I even tried a couple software's. I tried Z4Root, that would not install on the phone so that failed. I also tried SuperOneClick2.2 and it also will not root the phone. So I'm wondering why? Why the heck can I not install the OS I need, this sort of thing should not be restricted, the phone should operate like a computer where if I feel like installing a different OS I can.

So my question is, how do I do this, can I install an AT&T version over the T-Mobile version? I want to avoid having to reunlock my phone, so installing a T-mobile version would be a waste of time. I need an AT&T version on this phone.

Thanks in advance, hope some of you can help me figure this out. Thanks.

Oh the version number on the phone now is: Blur_Version. 1.6.1MB200.T-Mobile.en.US
    If that helps at all.

offline Full of Awesome :)
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, moved to correct forum.

Here is a guide to properly root your phone.
    Root guide

By AT&T version, I'm not sure exactly what you are wanting. If you are looking to get 3G with AT&T, as far as I know with the Cliq, it won't happen. But others here that have a Cliq will know that answer for sure.

Also, flashing a different rom will not remove your sim unlock.
    Remember to be respectful to others, this is a family-friendly forum.

Remember to thank those who have helped you!

Eccentric Vision Development Team
    Need a recovery for Motorola Cliq 2

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    diamber7 is correct in that T-Mobile and AT&T use different frequencies for 3G, but everything else should work, including EDGE data speeds. Since I'm a T-Mobile user I can't personally verify this. But if you follow the rooting guide you will then be able to install one of the several custom roms available. The look and feel are probably different from AT&T's but you should be able to find one to your liking.

Folks in Latin America have managed to replace the T-Mobile radios with a Chinese version to obtain 3G with their carriers. I don't know if anyone has tried it for AT&T though.
    Hic sunt dracones...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is first proved necessary to know if you have locked the phone, if after Unlock it is towards the cell root and install the rom of your choice, the steps are in this site only look for them

here are some roms you will need especially that says Retail Italy

This works with the radio baseband you need

CLIQ & DEXT Firmwares Superthread

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Flashing with RSD may cause problems; the Italian roms may be locked to TIM or something, in which case you will have to unlock again (although no one has reported this). It may fail during the upload to the phone, in which case you will have to retry with the 1.6.1 TMo rom, which will almost certainly lock it again. If you have saved the unlock code, good news - it will work again.

Also, adlx (of adlxmod and SuperOSR fame) is of the opinion that there is a hardware difference between TMo and ATT phones which prevents the Italian/Tai radios from working. I'm not so sure; it may be worth a try. Safest is to root, install a custom recovery and rom, and live with EDGE data speeds.
    Hic sunt dracones...

offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The difference is the frequency the radios send and receive 3g on. The two different carriers use two different freqs so one radio won't work on the others network...

sent from my Iphone killer using tapatalk
    Phone:Samsung Galaxy S3
    Custom Recovery:CWMTouch
    ROM:AOKP
    Kernel:ktoonzes AOSP
    Android version:4.0.4 soon to be CM10

If I have helped, please, just hit the thanks button

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ATT USE A 850/1900/2100 RADIO FREQ AND TMO NOT USE IT IF YO HAVE UNLOCKED YOUR PHONE AND USE THE METHOD OF ferjs IN THIS Fixed 3G for Dext THIS HELP IF YOU LOSE YOUR 3G IF YOU HAVE ROOT AND A CUSTOM RECOVERY INSTAL ANY OTHER ROM YOU WHANT

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    adlx states in that thread that he believes the Euro and TMoUSA Dext/Cliq have different radio hardware from the LatAm Dext, and it probably won't work. But feel free to try (and let us all know the result.)
    Hic sunt dracones...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

News unlock dext and restore 3g on Latino america and at&t

Para aquellos que son de usa y desean desbloquear sus motorola dex de tmo o ATT y usarlos en latino america (mexico, Guatemala,HOnduras,el Salvador, NIcaragua,Costa Rica) pueden usar este metodo de desbloqueo del motorola dex el cual les resultara gratis y funcional
    for those who are using and want to unlock your motorola dex TMO or ATT and use them in Latin America (Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica) can use this method of unlocking the motorola dex which proves them free and functional.

In the idea of the method will fit and easy unlocking the phone if there is no desire / opportunity to buy unlock code. To work the method needed root access phone and access to the terminal. you can root the DEXT whith the method with SuperOneClickv1.9.1-ShortFuse SuperOneClickv1.9.1-ShortFuse.zip

solo tiene que darle en root al programa y listo empieza a hacer su trabajo

Method:
    1. download "cliq_unlock.rar", "cliq_xt_unlock.rar" or "backflip_unlock.rar" depending on your phone, unzip, copy the file memdump.ko the card into the root, mount the card so that the android had access to it.
    2. in the terminal gets right root, and run the command
    Code:
    # insmod /sdcard/memdump.ko

You should receive an invitation to enter the following command, if hatched some kind of mistake - recheck what has been done wrong.

3. Now go back to the input screen unlock code - on cliq, cliq xt, or backflip and for this you can enter # 073887 * in the dialer. In the input code, enter any 8 digit number and press Unlock, if all goes well - body must notify the successful unlock.

ps: I am not responsible for your use of this method on your phone.

En la idea de que el método se ajusta y fácil de desbloquear el teléfono si no hay deseo / oportunidad de comprar el código de desbloqueo. Para trabajar el método necesario de teléfono de raíz el acceso y el acceso a la terminal.

método:
    1. descargar "cliq_unlock.rar", "cliq_xt_unlock.rar" o "backflip_unlock.rar" en función de su teléfono, descomprimir, copiar el archivo memdump.ko la tarjeta en la raíz, montar la tarjeta para que el androide tuvo acceso a ella.
    2. en el terminal recibe derechos de raíz, y ejecutar el comando

Code:
    # insmod /sdcard/memdump.ko
    3. Ahora vuelve a la entrada de código de desbloqueo de pantalla - en cliq, cliq xt, o backflip y para ello puede ingresar # 073887 * en el marcador. En el código de entrada, introduzca un número de 8 dígitos y oprima Desbloquear, si todo va bien - el cuerpo debe notificar al desbloqueo exitoso.

descargen este firmware si o si por que es el que debe de tener el celular instalado para poder realizar el desbloqueo usen google chrome y traduscan la pagina

firmware: Ïðîøèâêè - Îðèãèíàëüíûå monsterpack - tmo-morrison-mamba-2.0.Psupermonster-customer_2.0.

enlace del archivo de desbloqueo

cliq_unlock.rar

this method of unlocking is done using the rsd lite and lose the 3g but no to worry about after you do the unlock use the recovery method that is posted on Fixed 3G for Dext Once you done that you can root the DEXT whith the method with SuperOneClickv1.9.1-ShortFuse SuperOneClickv1.9.1-ShortFuse.zip solo tiene que darle en root al programa y listo empieza a hacer su trabajo, root install a custom recovery and install the custom rom without radiobaseband of your choice and you will have a dext whith 3g updated

nota: necesitaras el programa rsd lite y los drivers del motorola dext y el android sdk estos los puedes encontran dentro de esta misma web exceptoel android sdk buscalo en san Google

estos programas son esenciales para que puedas flashear tu cell

si es la primera ves que desbloqueas tu motorola con android 1.5 o superior no te preocupes el metodo es viable
    ha sido probado en varios mb200 de Nicaragua, guatemala, honduras, mexico, costa Rica)
    no dudes en consultar algo

no es repost porque me tome la libertad de traducir y le agradesco al autor original aunque no se su nombre

pss: sorry for my English
    Last edited by phoenixsong6; 12-22-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Email removed

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    According to Double0EK, [CLIQ/CLIQ XT/BACKFLIP] Unlock, yakk's unlock method requires 2.0.25 FW and 5036 radio for TMo Cliq, which means you would have to flash your Cliq with the monsterpack from the Motofan.ru site you refer to. This is not possible if your phone has been updated with a later secure version.

Although the method has been proven in Latin America, I have seen no report of its success with AT&T USA. But we should encourage anyone who wishes to try.
    Hic sunt dracones...

offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if someone idiot proofs it for me I'll try..

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe the recent discussions concede that T-Mobile phones do not support the frequency band (850MHz) used by AT&T and the LatAm carriers. You will not be able to acquire 3G on your TMo Cliq using AT&T service, at least by any current means. (Only a Dext MB200 from South America or Chinese ME200 - and *perhaps* the Cliq MB220 - can acquire the 3G signal with AT&T service.)
    Hic sunt dracones...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Saurus For This Useful Post:

skazm (01-30-2012)