Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Senseui port for Milestone (close to release)

Update 22-jun-2010

Release v0.1

Update 21-jun-2010,
    Finally got the Wireless card to work.
    I had to use the driver of the droid port, from Zeusdroid image, but that is now the only part.. But thanks goes to the guys making that image, and making wireless support possible on our Milestone/Droid phones.!!!

I almost ready to release this update now, as at least the good parts are working...
    Tonight (21-06-2010 CET+2) will i have the image uploaded and update the thread with link.

Update 19-jun-2010,
    Latest develpment on this challenge (without custom kernel)..
    Working
    - Radio
    - GPRS/3G
    - BlueTooth
    - Send/Receive calls
    - USB/AC charging
    - SenseUI Menus (News reader task seems to crash)
    Not Working
    - Wifi (close to having it loading)
    - GPS
    - USB (no access to card through usb, only ADB works for now)

Update 02-jun-2010,
    Request for other modders out there.
    I have now gotten my milestone back from repairs, and continued my SenseUI mod of milestone without custom kernel.
    Problem is now that it does work and boot ok, but the problem seems the radio driver still doesnt enable phonecalls.
    - Wifi is working,
    - BT works (only enabled, cannot disable it yet)
    - GPS not working

Rest of the "desire" functionality seems to work fine.

I have added the latest apk and from htc Desire release, but somehow the GKISYSTEM driver seems not to load correctly.
    Any help on this image is appreciated.
    the image is ready and able to start nicely with droid logo(originally from zeusdroid imagemod), you can use your ADBrecovery tool to recover this image.

OLD BETA IMAGE - No radio Download here (new, near final release, one is on its way)

The image is for GB/UMTS milestone with all included, as it require OS 2.1-update1 kernel to work.

technical info:
    For those helping,
    In /system you find my ramdisk.tar which is an extract of the boot.img ramdisk, and in /system/bin you find the mot_boot_mode which triggers the loading of the image.

---
    as alldroid closed down, and new forum is by me not looking to suit my needs, i hope this forum can be used for modded firmwares.

and i was working on a port of the SenseUI for Milestone, and was quite successfull, but somewhere during the testing i messed up my radio in the phone, but its now being replaced and hopefully next week i get my new milestone.

i will approach my changes a little differently but got quite far with the broken phone , so i expect to have something ready within some days after i get my phone back from repairs.

i've uploaded my initial work of the "ramdisk" with chroot, i used for this on the zeusdroid forum, if anyone wants to look at it.
    I will probably update this thread later on with the same details as posted on zeusdroid, if its okay with moderators..
    Last edited by dext3r; 06-22-2010 at 01:56 AM.

2. 6 Users Say Thank You to dext3r For This Useful Post

antonyfl (06-22-2010), elroy944 (06-21-2010), eybee1970 (06-21-2010), landroid (06-21-2010), neoby (06-21-2010), wigglez82 (06-21-2010)

offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds interesting... subscribed
    /

offline Shine on you crazy diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,914 Times in 1,595 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello there,

You're welcome to post developments and we appriciate that

Greets, Sems.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Dexter , glad you still around , when that damn site closed I was like damn that guy was on to something .. after reading what mssmission posted at DF Im glad he found you ( or the other way around) so Moto didnt give you too much torouble for the replacement heh ?

offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DAGr8 View Post
    Hey Dexter , glad you still around , when that damn site closed I was like damn that guy was on to something .. after reading what mssmission posted at DF Im glad he found you ( or the other way around) so Moto didnt give you too much torouble for the replacement heh ?
    No, i simply got myself a brand new replacement this time.

but i guess i have to be a little more careful when modding next time, but now the experience is there and droid firmware does not only have different boot loaders, but RIL drivers will mess up milestones as well.

anyways ill keep this thread updated when it arrives and i make new progress on it.

its nice to see we got the oc option available now, without even using a different kernel so we getting closer to using different mods on our milestone..

updated thread.. developer release is added, and those wanting to help or look into it, can now continue based on this 60& working image.
    Last edited by dext3r; 06-02-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So there is no danger in my Milestone getting the same problem your phone got? I just want to try it out for a spin :P

offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no, this image is tested, and right now im using 2.1 regular so im sure its ok now..

as long as your phone is umts/gsm for europe as mine, this image is valid enough to play around with.

note, adb works during boot, so you can login with shell from boot and use logcat to test/view changes in log and what happens.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just finished trying it, and I'm pretty surprised at how far this thing is
    I was expecting much worse. With the mentioned exceptions of bluetooth, GPS, and phone radio, everything seemed working from the short time I had with it. But I also have to mention that USB did not work at all for me for some reason. The phone also seemed a bit sluggish, but that's to be expected.

My first time using SenseUI, and I'm impressed by the amount of polish, so I wish you best of luck Hopefully we can get a fully working SenseUI in the future :P

A question though, is your work based on ZeusDroid's work, or is it entirely your own? Is your progress based on theirs?

offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesiroth View Post
    A question though, is your work based on ZeusDroid's work, or is it entirely your own? Is your progress based on theirs?
    im not even sure anymore, as the cdma parts and whole framework is desire and milestone/and21 based now. So i guess initially it was zeusdroid, but alot of remakes has been done here,

briefly said:
    original zeusdroid work, but then;
    added/tested latest desire bin,framework etc
    added/configured latest and21 milestone drivers, bin's
    ramdisk init's are milestone based, due to security checks, so as you see not much left of original zeusdroid here, but yes originally i tried it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will you benefit from the work done on the kexec module?

offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesiroth View Post
    Will you benefit from the work done on the kexec module?
    hmm, didnt try that one out, that might actually solve some device references used by desire..

great input :-)

any package reference for binaries? i dont have any environment to compile the kexec-tools myself.
    Last edited by dext3r; 06-03-2010 at 06:54 AM.

offline Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,339 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well kexec is not yet working.

Thanks Semseddin for the signature and avatar.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I don't know if it's working or not, but it seems its pretty close.. Some people managed to load the module just fine. You should check with the guys on #milestone-modding, they know a lot more

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yea I have faith Mauritsch is doin progress every minutes atm , I still think e should keep lookin at every possible ways for now , it be great to have 'half' custom rom in case he fails ..

could you upload somewhere else then rapidshare for some ppl like me its nearly impossible to download form there ...

offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    last night i tested a Froyo install, it did load just like this one does, but it suffers the same problem that the radio do not initialise correctly, so im hoping that the kexec fuzz will solve all this , and we get the senseui running which i think is pretty much most important or maybe X10 binaries?
    anyways if we get the custom kernel of zeusdroid to load on milestone, we get senseui and froyo updates soon.

hereby said, that i dont think i can make any workaround in the libril-htc to load on a milestone without changing kernel, as its referencing devices which is not found using moto kernels.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast