Thread: Deodex Your Droid 2
- 09-27-2010, 02:01 AM #1
Deodex Your Droid 2
This is to help you deodex your Droid 2 manually so you can apply themes such as the black notification bar with the white clock.
You need to have ADB set up on your computer and also Koush's Bootstrap Recovery. Check the post in this forum to get it if you don't have it already.
Next you need to download the Deodexed files which can be found HERE.
After downloading the archive from above, extract the files to your computer.
Place app and framework folders from archive on the root of your sd card (/sdcard/app /sdcard/framework).
Make sure your phone is plugged into the USB cable and PC Mode is selected and that you have debugging enabled on the phone application settings.
Open DOS prompt and type the following commands or paste them at the DOS prompt, (Start - Run - cmd - Enter).
- adb devices (to make sure your phone is picked up)
- adb shell
- su (gives you the # sign)
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/
- cp /sdcard/framework/* /system/framework/
- rm /system/app/*.odex
- rm /system/framework/*.odex
- mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
After reboot it will take a few minutes for your phone to start. Your phone has not hung on boot unless the droid eye stops moving. After the load up, you'll now have the transparent notification bar!
Last edited by dragonius; 09-29-2010 at 12:03 AM.My phone is my life... I spend more time on here than facebook!
«-·΄¯`·-[( Motorola DROID 2 Ξ NexTheme Rooted Bootstrap Recovery Ξ Verizon . NY . USA )]-·΄¯`·-»
If you feel inclined to reward my efforts, feel free to donate HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonius For This Useful Post:
- 09-27-2010, 02:45 AM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- La Rioja - Argentina
- Thanked 4,272 Times in 1,850 Posts
- Blog Entries
Thanks Very Much
- 03-09-2011, 03:48 PM #3Maybe Modder
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Aldinga Beach, South Australia
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post