offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Defy driver software

Hi, I just got a moto defy, my first smartphone. I feel retarded because I'v never had problems with finding driver software before but I cant seem to get the driver software from motorola to work. I dont even know were to begin with what they provide for the pc chaging driver and the Motorola 4.8.0 Driver with MotoConnect doesn't seem to recognize my phone at all. Please tell me what I sould do... I would like to be able to charge my phone off my computer and edit stuff on phone.(add music, snes roms and dl pictures and what ever else)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, it will sound odds, but don't you prefer open the files of your defy as it was a sd card?
    Could be boring in the begin, but just create a directory on the sd ("files" for example) and past your files there.than try to find your files on you phone using any file manager. The address of the sd will be "/sdcard/files" to the new directory. The gallery find photos and movies by itself. To snes roms, look the directory "roms" in the sdcard.
    Forget the programs that helps you to put files on your phone and you will understand it much more how it works. because I don't know a program that put games from the pc to android direct.you will have to do it soon or later.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazid For This Useful Post:

otbedell_87 (02-01-2011)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

huh

Thanks i feel like a fool right now.

Actually, when I go to computer and open up my phone files it only shows me removable storage with folder dcim inside, isnt there suposed to be more there? Do i have to root my phone in order to access the files this way or do I just need a micro sd card reader?
    Last edited by otbedell_87; 02-01-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

offline Of Mice and Modders
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should be able to access your the files on your SD card using a USB cable. There will be several options when plugging it in and you will need to select the appropriate option. If your PC does not see your phone try uninstalling and re-installing the drivers from Motorola.

To see additional files you will need to be rooted and you will not see these from the pc. You can push/pull files using ADB (available with Google SDK) or using something like root explorer available from the market.
    Motorola Defy - T-Mobile, USA

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rbeier1221 For This Useful Post:

adlx (02-02-2011)