offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

[RECOVERY] DEFY ClockworkMod Recovery - 2.5.1.8 - New Version

Hi all,
    Rumor has it I picked up a DEFY last week. Most people in the community know me for my work on the cliq/backflip/cliqxt. It's been quite some time since I posted any mods/work here on XDA so here we go. First I'd like to say thanks to Koush & Tenfar for the work they've done. They laid the ground work. I simply needed/wanted to improve on it more. I wanted to include the latest 2.5.1.x version since it has some bug fixes/new features also. So here you go. This recovery includes the latest 2.5.1.8 ClockworkMod Recovery, fixed fix_permssions script, and updated adb that allows root access when using adb shell. All your backups, downloads will reside in the clockworkmod directory on your sdcard just like a standard clockworkmod recovery. If you haven't noticed the fix_permissions script don't run properly via the recovery on the DroidX/Droid2/Defy. I simply fixed the script so it does work properly. Thanks again to both Koush & Tenfar. I'm looking into resolving the problem when you have USB debugging enabled you can't boot into recovery mode properly. This release still has that issue, just FYI. If you choose to use this version over Tenfar's, you'll need to un-install his version, install this one, & choose the option to install recovery once. After that, it's works the same way. Take care.

UPDATE: I've uploaded a new version to my 4shared. This new version simply adds a power off option to the menu & was a quick attempt to try to resolve the USB debugging option. I'll give it another try when I have time, until then, I hope you like having the option to power off your Defy from the recovery menu. I've also provided a link to the original version. Take care.

Steve, kb7sqi

Edit: Due to requests, I'm re-adding the link for this updated version. While I do have plans to come back to #android soon, until then, this will be unsupported by me till then. I'm glad it's been useful to others. Take care.

Latest Version:
    com.kb7sqi.defy.bootstrap.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Older Version:
    com.kb7sqi.defy.bootstrap.old.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pzyduck; 09-17-2011 at 07:21 PM.

2. 3 Users Say Thank You to kb7sqi For This Useful Post

adlx (02-27-2011), jp84 (02-28-2011), Pzyduck (02-27-2011)

offline Maker of adlxmod
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 380 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ups, link to latest version says:

'com.kb7sqi.defy.bootstrap.apk' is unavailable. This file was deleted.
    Can u update the link Steve? THnks in advance
    (Or is it what u meant by unsupported? lol! j/k )
    Download my 1-click Recovery Flasher to flash a custom or stock recovery to your phone: Cliq, CliqXT, Backflip, ...

Like my work? Support me: & visit my adlxmod site and follow me on Twitter
    Tambien me puedes encontrar en Movilzona (Esp)

offline Super Moderator X
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Woow awasome Steve, Thanks man

offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    link down. plis new upload