Thread: Default Froyo Launcher
- 02-06-2011, 11:59 AM #1
Default Froyo Launcher
This will allow you to use the default Froyo Launcher instead of using the HTC Sense Launcher included with the MT4G for those that prefer it!
This was compiled through the generic AOSP 2.2r1 source with 5 screens. I will make one with 7 screens if anyone would like it.
First of all, you will need root (VISIONary) and adb.
Second, you will need this file: http://www.4shared.com/file/Cd9kUAqL/Launcher2.html
Third, make sure your phone is in “Charge Only” mode when you connect it to your computer.
1. adb push Launcher2.apk /sdcard/
2. adb shell
Now in shell:
3. su (Superuser might pop up on your device, make sure to press “Allow”)
5. mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
6. cp /sdcard/Launcher2.apk /system/app/
8. Wait for the phone to do a “soft boot”
9. Once you pull down the Lockscreen, select Launcher instead of HTC Sense
Now, of course, this will go away once you reboot the phone, but you could use visionary.sh, a file that loads on boot if VISIONary roots your phone on every boot, and make it do these commands.
NOTE: This also includes the default AOSP wallpapers under Wallpaper > Wallpapers.
Credit for this goes to travisjames
- 02-06-2011, 01:16 PM #2