offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Touch 4G Error

Ok, I got myTouch temp rooted and removed some apps via Titanium. Now I get com.HTC.BPG error popping up every now an again. I read that it is related to Sync having entries related to the facebook, twitter, etc.. that I had removed. Basically every time sync works, it tries to update those entries as well. I'd like to know how to fix this situation. Removing those apps gives my phone fantastic battery usage with constant data connection with syncing on. Even using the phone for a lengthy period takes very little battery. Let me know if anyone has input on this. thanks
    HTCMyTouch 4G
    Froyo 2.2.1
    Modded by Temp Root

Cliq Titanium
    Stock 2.1.5 Rooted
    ROM Manager
    Clockwork Mod Recovery

offline The Helper
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well. Flash a custom ROM, or flash with a .sbf the original update, which removes your root.

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk

"Remember that life loves you, but most of the time, you don't love life"

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I could get a permenant root I would have installed a Recovery and ROM Manager. But all I want is to fix the error. I don't want a custom rom. I want to remove items I don't use.
    HTCMyTouch 4G
    Froyo 2.2.1
    Modded by Temp Root

Cliq Titanium
    Stock 2.1.5 Rooted
    ROM Manager
    Clockwork Mod Recovery

offline The Helper
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You removed a critical app from phone, you have to look for it, but if I where you I would look for it.

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk

"Remember that life loves you, but most of the time, you don't love life"

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean wouldn't??? (thanks dude for trying)

Anyway, I think I've fixed it mostly. I read online that it was related to Facebook which I did remove. I cleared cached, reset the phone, and installed facebook from market. That has greatly decreased the error. I looked in Auto Memory manager for the process com.htc.bpg and killed it. Several times. The priority number even changed from 9 to ll. LOL. Well I still get the error when gaming, most likely cause some aspect of the game interacts with an element of the process. No biggy. I can live with th occasional error message popping up given the great battery life I now enjoy.
    As it were, a friend suggested that I should have removed the widgets of the apps I did not want instead of the actual app. I can't test that on this phone, I could on my wife's...But like I said it's mostly quite now. :-)

Five more days to Gingerbread!!!!

Aug 5th can't come soon enough. I'd like to get Ginger on this. Not sure if it will cure my problem. I hope so. But it's not all bad. Just a little annoying when it pops up.
    Last edited by Turion37; 08-01-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    HTCMyTouch 4G
    Froyo 2.2.1
    Modded by Temp Root

Cliq Titanium
    Stock 2.1.5 Rooted
    ROM Manager
    Clockwork Mod Recovery