Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    offline Full of Awesome :)
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Mod] Big Update! 2ndInit!

Awesome news guys! I have successfully ported the 2ndInit Recovery to the C2! I replaced the Defy recovery with the recovery I worked up. As of right now, I do not have an apk to install it, it will require the use of ADB.

Thanks to the Korean developers that created the 2ndInit method for the Defy, without them, none of this were possible. Also thanks to polovinamozga and bdoc from xda for helping me get a working recovery, and my GRP team for helping me getting started. Also thanks to ksubedi on xda for adb instructions on the xda.

**As always, not responsible for what does or doesn't happen to your device. If you aren't comfortable with voiding your warranty, do not attempt.**

Create a folder on the root of your sd card called bootmenu. Download this -> file and unzip it to your sd in the bootmenu folder you created.

Once completed, run the following commands to install.

Code:
    C:/> adb shell
    $ su
    # cp -R /sdcard/bootmenu /data/bootmenu
    # cd /data/bootmenu
    # chmod 755 *
    # ./install.sh
    # rm -R /data/bootmenu
    This installs the bootmenu onto your phone. Once the commands are complete, turn off USB Debugging and reboot your phone once. Allow it to reboot. To get into recovery, reboot your phone again. When powering on, after the red LED turns off, a blue LED will show up briefly. When you see the blue LED, press the volume down button. Android BootMenu will display. Use volume buttons to navigate to [Custom Recovery] start. and press the power button. Use volume buttons again to navigate CWMR, but use the camera button to select. If you get into a menu with no Go Back option, slide open the keyboard and use the delete button to go back.
    Last edited by Saurus; 12-10-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: updated url (finally!)
    Remember to be respectful to others, this is a family-friendly forum.

Remember to thank those who have helped you!

Eccentric Vision Development Team
    Need a recovery for Motorola Cliq 2

2. 12 Users Say Thank You to dlamber7 For This Useful Post

alarmdude9 (12-17-2011), chappy8088 (10-22-2011), nfl24nb (06-26-2011), obaidi2005 (10-17-2011), obaz (12-26-2011), Oracle1 (06-25-2011), pwyll (07-20-2011), Pzyduck (06-25-2011), s27moto (05-05-2013), shawnsdada (06-25-2011), stewy (07-26-2011), Whorupeople (09-13-2011)

offline Super Moderator X
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WOwww awasomeeee

You can make a video?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pzyduck For This Useful Post:

dlamber7 (06-28-2011)

offline So I Hear You Can Mod
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations

Works great

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it indeed works great, but it's the Power button that I had to use to select and not the Camera button.
    Last edited by shawnsdada; 06-25-2011 at 11:35 AM.

offline Skilfull Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is really cool! So we can do nandroids now?

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't tried a nandroid yet, but they should work fine

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will get a video up shortly and link it. Ill also get a nandroid together for a deodexed rom. I need to do the soak update first, then ill deodex that one and get a nandroid together.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the 2nd init method allow custom kernels?

Been reading around and see conflicting reports about it. Some say no and some say yes and a few saying partial which doesn't make sense lol.

We're getting all kinds of good stuff left and right. Had the other person release a recovery, then we get the firmware for the newest update and now this.

Great work to everyone involved

EDIT: I take back what I said above about the camera and power button. Just did a fresh flash of everything and now it works as you describe.
    Last edited by shawnsdada; 06-25-2011 at 02:32 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shawnsdada For This Useful Post:

dlamber7 (06-28-2011)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From my understanding of the process, when 2nd Init is fully functional, it will allow it through a script during boot. The stock signed kernel is needed get thru the bootloader, but a script and disable the stock kernel and enable a custom kernel during boot. Thats the theory behind it, from my understanding. Its not fully functioning in that respect though. But this method that we have now will allow an unofficial port of CyanogenMod, just as they have on the Defy. It is something i can attempt, but ill be going on vacation for two weeks starting wednesday. So may start it when i come back. Im looking forward to see what all comes now for our phone. I think something i may work on is a kernel module, for now. Something similar to milestone overclock. They are open source and have a tutorial on how to port the module to other devices.

Sent from one of my modded devices using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for explaining

offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

nandroid

ohh. i see. the enter button and camera selects.. didnt know...................... Great Work Dlamber7 ....................
    Last edited by nfl24nb; 06-26-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nfl24nb For This Useful Post:

dlamber7 (06-28-2011)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dlamber7 View Post
    From my understanding of the process, when 2nd Init is fully functional, it will allow it through a script during boot. The stock signed kernel is needed get thru the bootloader, but a script and disable the stock kernel and enable a custom kernel during boot. Thats the theory behind it, from my understanding. Its not fully functioning in that respect though. But this method that we have now will allow an unofficial port of CyanogenMod, just as they have on the Defy. It is something i can attempt, but ill be going on vacation for two weeks starting wednesday. So may start it when i come back. Im looking forward to see what all comes now for our phone. I think something i may work on is a kernel module, for now. Something similar to milestone overclock. They are open source and have a tutorial on how to port the module to other devices.

Thank you so much dlamber7, you don't know how much I miss having a custom rom. Can't wait to see a CM7 port working on our phone.

I thought going from a G1 to this phone would be as easy as visiting a different section on the XDA forums.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dukenukemx For This Useful Post:

dlamber7 (06-28-2011)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be working on that with another person. Not sure how eay it will be. But thanks for the support guys. When i come back from vacation ill be back into doing more wonderful things

Quote Originally Posted by Pzyduck View Post
    WOwww awasomeeee

You can make a video?
    Just wanted to let you know, I haven't forgot about making the video yet, just been super busy, getting ready for vacation, leaving tomorrow. So I will most likely make the video when I come back from vacation. Will be gone for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by dlamber7; 06-28-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

offline Developer
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you guys are really anxious, I could make a really really raw port of CM7, all I would need is your guys' stock kernel and other things, hit me up through a pm if you guys want that. I won't be able to actually use a whole system dump cause I am using my phone for internet so ill give u exactly what I need if anybody wants

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to j@$$yCliq For This Useful Post:

CaptCaveman (06-30-2011)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks a bunch for your interest, I've been following this forum for a few weeks now and I just found myself compelled to register with the site. I'd love to try out CM7. My Rom is highly unbloated. I've removed everything I felt safe doing. Can you use something like that? Just bloatware removed, no necessary system files removed. Everything is backed up anyway so I can restore to stock 2.2.2. You'll have to tell me what you need and how I can get it out. My MB611 is rooted with Super1Click and latest SuperUser.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we should just start out with a simple blurless rom...i hate motoblur!

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast