Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    offline Itty Bitty Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shldol, this rom is just awesome! After I switched the original Apex Launcher for a stable version, it's completely smooth and functional.

The improvement in the reaction speed made me feel almost like I'm on a Jellybean rom, and after flashing the Google Now port mentioned in this post, I've even themed my Apex Launcher as Jellybean to get more of the feel! Although I didn't like the transiction effects at first, they're so smooth that I now just enjoy seeing them just because they're so smooth.

Besides the problem with Apex... It might have been something I kept forgetting running in background, but I've experienced a big battery drain a couple of times since yesterday. Maybe it's only me, though.

So far I'd say this can easily be my daily driver for a long time. I got again that old awesome feeling of getting myself a new smartphone because it got so much better with this rom.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like this rom, it's a lot more stable then the previous IC rom that I tried before. Though I havent used it for more than a day I haven't had any major problems yet. Voice controls has been acting a little funky, but other then that everything seems to be going okay.

One thing I do miss is wi fi calling, but the gains from this rom are worth that loss.

Also has anyone had any success with chrome? In the previous rom when I tried to run chrome it would close on open. Now with this rom I can get it to open up and run a little, but not for very long. I don't know if it's just me or a problem with this rom.

offline Of Mice and Modders
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @snickerpop

For me the first time i flashed the ROM, chrome worked for a few second and then crashed, but i reflashed it and now chrome works perfectly fine

And when you said voice control, dont you mean voice search force closing on you?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by itmyjobtoknow View Post
    @snickerpop

For me the first time i flashed the ROM, chrome worked for a few second and then crashed, but i reflashed it and now chrome works perfectly fine

And when you said voice control, dont you mean voice search force closing on you?
    Yeah I meant voice search. I might try reflashing later at least I know it can work now.
    Last edited by snickerpop; 08-15-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well for the voice search, what i did was deleted it from the system files, reboot, and installed it from google play

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to install this ROM but 2ndinit keeps giving me this error E:Can't make /tmp/update_binary... Help please

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Which 2ndinit are you using?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Which 2ndinit are you using?
    Thanks for the reply. I'm using 2ndinit from the sticky post "[Mod] Big Update! 2ndInit!" Are there different versions? I only see one

Also is there an APK for the 2ndinit?
    Last edited by b5.5fan; 08-15-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are two version, one is an apk and the other is the one you mentioned, the "[Mod] Big Update! 2ndInit!" which is the one I use

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong to get that error, do you mind listing what you did before getting that error?
    Last edited by itmyjobtoknow; 08-15-2012 at 07:57 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to itmyjobtoknow For This Useful Post:

b5.5fan (08-15-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are two version, one is an apk and the other is the one you mentioned, the "[Mod] Big Update! 2ndInit!" which is the one you should use

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong to get that error, do you mind listing what you did before getting that error?
    Thanks man. It worked using the APK version of 2ndinit but I have another major problem.

The ROM worked and was great but I was playing around and I deleted some stuff from /system/app. Now the phone wont even go past the red motorola logo. It won't even let me enter the recovery, no blue LED.

I flashed this ICS ROM from the leaked GB 2.3.4 ROM. Can I use RSD Lite to flash my phone to android 2.2 SBF or do I need to flash 2.3.4 SBF?

Please help I don't want to hard brick my phone because I can't afford a new phone right now.
    Last edited by b5.5fan; 08-15-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just flash the 2.2 SBF (careful and make sure that actually IS the sbf you're flashing, some people have mistakenly flashed the 2.3.6 update and been stuck). When I was first trying to install ICS on my cliq 2 I must have reflashed to 2.2 about 3 times.

offline Skilfull Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you guys think about the "stable recovery" it installs? If that touch interface is the future hand me my raygun.

sent from my rooted cliq2 running leaked 2.3.4

offline Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alarmdude9 View Post
    What do you guys think about the "stable recovery" it installs? If that touch interface is the future hand me my raygun.
    Yeah, this is how it got there - Touch And Customizable ROM Installer AROMA – xda-developers

One day I may get to see it, when I have a WORKING phone.
    Hic sunt dracones...

offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Yeah, this is how it got there - Touch And Customizable ROM Installer AROMA – xda-developers

One day I may get to see it, when I have a WORKING phone.
    what happened with your phone? sorry to lazy to look for that answer ha let me guess u did the official update?
    Be Respectful to each other.... this is not like other forums....We are a family of geeks.
    To The Dev of the Motorola Cliq 2
    Eccentric Vision Development Team

offline Maybe Modder
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alarmdude9 View Post
    It seems to boot fast. Unfortunatly its in some sort of kanji. what do I push to get it to english?
    Which parts of the ROM are in kanji? If it's just the launcher, that's solvable, but if it's the whole system, I'm going to stay away from this until it's 'english-ified'. :P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast