- 05-02-2011, 01:05 AM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- La Rioja - Argentina
- Thanked 4,272 Times in 1,850 Posts
- Blog Entries
[SCRIPT] GladEnabler v1.04 (Sideload/Tething-4.1.57 Support-Updated 04/18/2011)
GladiAtrix Enabler v1.04 (Sideloading/Tethering APN)
Since there were a bunch of people who didn't get sideloading or the AT&T tethering APN added on v1 of my retain root script, here's GladiAtrix Enabler v1.02
- Rooted AT&T Firmware 4.1.26
- Rooted AT&T Firmware 4.1.52
- Rooted AT&T Firmware 4.1.57
- Rooted Bell Firmware 0.37.4 (As I'm pretty sure the Bell Atrix already allows sideloading, there's no need to run this. It WILL work, though, should you lose the ability to sideload, or you want an AT&T APN)
I do not have a Bell Atrix to test this on, but the sideloading fix should work if any Bell users need it. The tethering APN is only for AT&T as it's carrier specific.
Little bit of additional info here:
- Enables sideloading
- Adds AT&T tethering APN
- You need to click "allow" to superuser when prompted.
- Read the directions.
- Read the directions again.
- Read the directions a third time. If you do not understand a step, ASK before starting.
- Download the script
- Extract the files to C:\GladEnable. Do not install anywhere else. Having it inside a folder with a space will cause the script to FAIL.
- Enable USB debugging (Settings -> Applications -> Development).
- Connect your phone (I recommend setting USB Connection to 'None').
- Run GladEnable.bat (If you're using Windows 7, run as admin by holding down control and double-clicking).
- Follow the on-screen directions. You will need to tap "Allow" on your phone for each step.
- Make sure you allow the superuser request on your phone or it WILL fail.
- All done!
I am not responsible if this bricks your phone or if it doesn't work properly for you. I've done everything I can to ensure smooth execution.
If you have any issues, feel free to PM me, reply to this thread, or come find me on IRC (I'm Fenrir or fen|works on IRC)
All credtis to: [MENTION=217028]Ririal[/MENTION]