- 04-08-2011, 04:07 AM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- La Rioja - Argentina
- Thanked 4,272 Times in 1,850 Posts
- Blog Entries
[ROM] GladiAtrix2 v4.2.3 (For 1.57 - CWM - Stable Release - 4/13/2011)
Update 05/10/2011: So, at this point I've just fallen too far behind the curve, and it doesn't look like I will be updating GladiAtrix any further. I'll still support v4.2.3 for 1.57 (which is pretty stable, and almost all the issues I've seen users have up to this point are the installation). I may at some point throw something together for myself to use and release it (as I don't care for the themes/mods of GingerBlur/GreyBlur), but at this point I'm doing all the mods manually and have no current plans to make a flashable zip out of it.
News and Important Info - READ FIRST
Looks horribly out of place I know
04/14/2011 @ 10:00am: Download links are fixed. Sorry all! As I stated in my last post, I will be unavailable for the next few hours. I DO see your questions and I WILL answer them. Please be patient, this isn't my full-time job and I have other things that need my attention today. Thanks!
04/13/2011 @ 11:17pm - NOTICE on theme: The THEMED version does not have reboot/recovery. I've been too busy working out the other kinks to add it in. The NOTHEME version is just like v3 and older, with the reboot/recovery options intact, as well as all the other changes up to this point. That is the only difference between the two.
All the bugs with the fingerprint scanner, wifi defaulting to on, custom keyboards not working, etc. etc. should all be resolved. Please PM me or reply to the thread if you have any issues.
Version 4.2.3 is going to be considered base from here on forward. It will create a backup of all the files it changes and copy them to the root of the internal SD card. PLEASE copy this backup to some place safe. Going forward, all updates will be released on top of 4.2.3, and will create sequential backups of any new files changed, if there's a need to back them up. It does not have any feature updates since 4.2.1, just many bug fixes.
04/13/2011 @ 11:00am(ish) - NOTICE on Reboot/Recovery power menu options: These are currently removed. I added a theme, and I haven't had time to add reboot/recovery options to it yet. If someone who knows what they're doing would like to add them and send me the updated files, it would certainly expidite the process as I'm not even sure how I got them working in the first place on v1-3. Screenshots will be in the second post as soon as I get a moment to upload some.History and SummaryCWM finally released! Sorry for taking so long with it, I'm very picky about my work and wanted to test EVERYTHING and make sure it was all working as it was supposed to. I hope the extra effort pays off and nobody has any issues with this
I've removed the script version as there's no need for it anymore. CWM is safer and does everything we need it to do with the latest version.
This is only for AT&T phones running firmware version 1.57. If you have 1.52 or 1.26 please go here first: [SCRIPT] GladRoot (Bell 0.37.4, AT&T 1.26/1.52/1.57 Supported) If you are a Bell user, DO NOT INSTALL.
If you need the drivers, they are available here: 32-bit Drivers and 64-bit Drivers
If you run into any issues, please PM me or post your /data/local/tmp/ga2.log here. This will help me diagnose what went wrong, in the very unlikely event something goes wrong.
Come chat with us!Features:
- Creates a backup of your current /system/app and /system/framework directories (This does NOT delete anything outside specific AT&T bloatware files, however)
- Custom boot logo (animated version coming soon!)
- AppWidgetPicker (better widget management)
- Enables sideloading
- Ad blocking
- Installs AT&T tethering APN
- Enables desktop flash content, i.e. Hulu (You MUST install flashplayer 10.2 from market prior to installing the ROM. You must also use a browser that lets you set your user agent to Desktop, such as Dolphin Browser HD)
- Clears Dalvik-cache (can cause some third party apps to behave strangely, just clear their data. Known to cause issues with Launcher Pro. Reset of LP data fixes)
- Removes the AT&T bloat (see second post for list of what is removed.)
- Enables HDMI mirroring
- Disables background media scanning (speeds phone up a LOT)
- Webtop without need for dock (through micro-hdmi cable)
- Xperia Arc theme (ported to Atrix by olieebur)
- Preferred install location
- Various speed increase enhancements to settings
- Replaces stock Gallery with Miui 3D Gallery
- Full market access, no more restricted apps (Currently under testing, as it doesn't seem to be working properly)
- Download and install Tenfar's latest CWM Recovery.
- Download the GladiAtrix2 v4.2.3 THEME zip file here or GladiAtrix2 v4.2.3 NO THEME zip here
- If you want the Hulu hack to work, install 10.2 from the market now, BEFORE installing GladiAtrix2 v4.
- Put the GladiAtrix2v4.2.3 zip corresponding to the version you selected (normal or notheme) on either internal or external SD card.
- Boot into recovery.
- Select “Install zip from SDCARD” using the volume keys to navigate and power button to select.
- Select "choose zip from sdcard" if you put it on your external SD card, or "choose zip from internal sdcard" if you put it in phone memory.
- Browse to the location you put the zip.
- Select GladiAtrix2v4.2.3 zip corresponding to the version you selected (normal or notheme).
- Install it!
- Read disclaimer below
This script makes significant changes to the /system files on your phone.
By downloading the files you agree that you KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING and that you accept responsibility if something goes wrong.
This has been tested to the best of my ability.
We are NOT responsible if this bricks your phone. Thank you.
-ManagementChangelog:* Version 4.2.3 - Released 04/13/2011
- Split the theme and notheme into their own versions
- Rolled all updates up to this point into a full install
- New base install version is this version, all future updates will be incremental.
- Cleaned up install methods to not mess with any user settings
* Version 4.2.2 - Released 04/13/2011
- Permission fix update for settings.db causing a massive number of issues
* Version 4.2.1 - Released 04/13/2011
- Fixed HDMI mirror errors
- Changed fingerprint to allow unrestricted market access
- Added Motoblur widgets/apps back in as people seem to use them (myself included). AT&T bloat still removed.
- Replaced stock MediaGallery with Miui 3D Gallery
- Added ability to use webtop without dock through micro-hdmi
- Minor settings changes for increased battery life/performance
- Fixed issues with flash hack (recompiled the lib as it was corrupt)
- Added option for preferred installed locations to Settings -> Applications
- Imported Xperia Arc theme (ported to Atrix by olieebur)
* Version 3 - Released 04/10/2011
- Now removes some of the Motoblur/AT&T bloat
- Added custom boot logo (Animated version coming soon!)
- Added HDMI mirroring support (Credit to Weichel)
- Turned off stagefright media scanning
- Added local.prop tweaks for performance increase
- Fixed issues with tethering on non-AT&T carriers
* Version 2 - Released 04/08/2011
- Initial CWM release.
- Added custom flash lib for desktop flash content (i.e. hulu)
- Installation logged with errors to /data/local/tmp/ga2.log
* Version 1
- Initial script release.
Notes/thanks:Special thanks to: kennethpenn for the base installation instructions, shawnbuck/dasmoover/cranch/thews/sogarth/brandon15811/(anyone else I missed, apologies if I did) for all their insight on the script, and Chainfire for the use of his .sh recovery output methods, olieebur for the great work on the theme, weichel for the HDMI mirroring trick, and everyone who helped test in IRC.If you see any spelling errors or have any other problems, feel free to PM me or post here.
If you have any feature requests, PM ME them. Please read post #2 for my current To Do list to make sure it's not already on there. If you know how to do anything on the to do list and would like to help out, send me a PM. I will ignore any "cn u add grhpix to the statuss bar?" in the thread.
Total Credits: [MENTION=217028]Ririal[/MENTION]
Last edited by Pzyduck; 05-12-2011 at 03:15 AM.