Team Tiamat Xoom Rom
- Roach`- Without him, we would be nowhere!
- Kelvie - Thanks for the wpa_supplicant
- Everyone in #xoom for helping me test and all round support, you guys are amazing
- The Synergy mod team and Treve for the various binaries we used from you guys, thanks
- The cyanogen mod team as their source made implementing our quick controls a lot easier.
And now the rom!
This is a completely deodexed rom, based on the 3.2 wifi system image. However just because Google and Motorola haven't released 3.2 for the verizon xoom that doesn't mean we don't support it! Thats right. We support 3g devices on 3.2 before Google have even released it. EPIC features
- Quick Controls aka statusbar controls / "Zeus mod"
- Tiamat settings
- NATIVE 3G SUPPORT
- SDCard support via mtp. NOTE: your sdcard will now be at /mnt/external1
- Modified application permissions to allow applications that can write to /sdcard to write to /mnt/external1
- USB OTG (On The Go) support. Your usb drives will now be mounted automatically under /mnt/usbOTG
- Android media services scan both internal and MicroSD for media (Gallery, Music, etc)
- Fast boot times. Your boot times are simply amazing with this rom!
- Complete localisation support. This means that we have complete support for european devices and their languages.
- Screenshot support
- Powered by Tiamat Kernel Tachi 2.1.0 (stock gpu).
- Pre rooted with su and Superuser
- Pre-installed busybox and iwmulticall.
- Desktop UA String
- Modified battery images & animations.
- Wi-Fi Ad-Hoc Mode
- Init.d boot scripts enabled
- OpenVPN binary and script - Credit CyanogenMod
- Applications files (apk) located in /data/tiamat_first_boot_install will automatically be installed.
- Applications are zipaligned on boot
- Cron service
Important Notes : A MUST READ
- Your microsd card is now mounted at /mnt/external1. You will also be able to access this via MTP.
- If you're not on hammerhead, you need to perform a factory reset first.
- This rom supports all wifi devices, US Verizon 3g devices and European devices.
Prerequisites: Clockworkmod Recovery card for installation.
(Only 188.8.131.52-R4C with an sdcard has been tested but all other cwm based recoveries should work too)
- OPTIONAL, BUT RECCOMENDED: Backup your internal applications with Titanium backup
- Download the 2.2 rom zip file and place it on your external sdcard
- Restart into Recovery
- Perform a nandroid backup, and keep this safe!
- Perform a factory reset within recovery (Wipe data / factory reset) This is only required if you're NOT upgrading from hammer head.
- Install the rom
- Welcome to the party
Bug reports & Feature requests
2.2.1 Release Notes
You are able to flash 2.2.1 over 2.2.0 as it is mainly just bug fixes.
2.2.0 Release Notes
Boy has it been a busy last 2 weeks.
I have built a build system where we now do the majority of our coding in java. Yep java, not smali.
We now have quick controls, in the status bar settings menu.
This rom is mainly just a feature release. Unfortuantly if you had any issues regarding gmail in hammerhead, you will likely get the same issues in this release.
This rom is also still based of 3.2. Yeah I know I said I would be doing 3.2.2, but things change.
- We now use the GMail.apk from the Asus Prime rom.
- Re-implemented the shutdown (power) menu.
- Brought in DSPManager from cyanogenmod. You can also access this through the Music2 Application.
- Fixed various force closes in Music and Clock applications.
- You are now able to enable wifi & bluetooth via quick controls while airplane mode is active. You will need to enable this through the quick control settings first however.
- Disabling rotation in the quick controls will now freeze the rotation of the screen, instead of locking at the landscape position.
- New adbWireless quick control
- More support for the Hong Kong partition layouts.
- Overclocking will now write the values to both cores.
- Quick Controls
- Tiamat Settings - set your overclock on boot, and many more!
- Extra command line applications - nano, powertop etc
- Bash is now the default shell
- New Wireless, Mobile and battery icons from bignadad
- Browser now has a selectable UA string in the general menu, no more enabling the debug mode.
- OSMonitor is now included.
- There is a nice fortune displayed on the lockscreen now.
- New boot animation by phokus
- More stuff I can't remember
- Fixed all the application signatures - Google applications should update fine now.
- All of the language packs are now incorporated into this rom
- European 3g support should be 100% working now.
- Native screenshot is back
- Replaced the battery icons with new ones from Nusince
- Updated the maps application. NOTE: This is just a temporary fix, and we are working on a permanent fix.
- Fixed up the euro build.prop
- Rebased off the 3.2 wifi image.
- 3G Support on Android 3.2
- sdcard is now at /mnt/external1 and is viewable via MTP
- Any application that can write to /sdcard can now write to /mnt/external1
- usbOTG drives now mount at /mnt/usbOTG and act identically to the sdcard.
- Now comes with the Katana 2.0 stock GPU kernel.
- /MicroSD and /usbOTG synlinks to their respective locations in /mnt
- Automatically modprobe all kernel modules, apart from the wireless module.
- New wallpaper & charging icons
Version 1.0 - Update 3 (Busybox fix)
- Storage framework completely overhauled based on Transformer Rom Prime 1.5 (thanks Roach)
- System now gives storage control thru status bar icon and in Settings / Storage
- Unmount MicroSD, remove, put in another one for working Hot Swap
- Automatically mount USB Host storage (unmount still broke do to borked vold.fstab)
- All Android media services scan both internal and MicroSD for media (Gallery, Music, etc)
- new native Transformer file explorer accessable thru status bar to explore all mounted storage
- Unfortunately, USB Mass Storage is still broke. (It's turning out to be far more complex than it should be)
- Entire rom re-signed with test key due to manifest changes for storage port. All services work 100% (Google music beta, Market, etc)
- Implemented a variety of init.d scripts with "Tiamat Control" flags
- Enable features by moving flags (/data/tiamat_controls) in or out of "unused" folder
- Enable or diasble charging light while device on
- Enable or disable logging for better battery life
- sysctl memory tweak
- Cron service enabled for time based scripts (put Cron scripts in /data/cron)
- Rom zip-aligned on boot (still insanely fast boot time)
- Included up-to-date Maps.apk and Video.apk
- Removed bloatware (Cordy.apk, dungeondefenders.apk, and stingrayquickoffice.apk)
- Changed back to mostly stock icons
- Removed the charging percent text from the pull up settings.
- When charging, it will now alternate between the battery percentage in the middle and a charging symbol.
Version 1.0 - Update 2 (charging light)
- Fixed the dependency that the ramdisk had on busybox, specifically run-parts.
Version 1.0 - 3g fix
- Enabled the led charging light in the ramdisk as per popular request.
- Fixed permissions in /system/bin. This was causing issues with 3g connections.
- Replaced framework-res.apk with a less modified version. There is no SIP calling and sms now, but the activation screens work now.
Automatically installing applications when you flash the rom:
In the zip file, under the directory "data" there is a directory called "tiamat_first_boot_install". You can place all of your apk files that you want installed when you first boot in there. This is useful for applications such as Thumb Keyboard and Titanium Backup
All credits to: [MENTION=3024415]SOLAR[/MENTION]nz