flashing dead phone with "BATTERY LOW" error [universal]
we can also use this method, which utilizes the battery instead of the phone. we just need to charge up our battery for some time, enough for us to flash our phone.
-your phone battery
-your motorola charger (well if you have a spare then good, otherwise, unless you're willing to sacrifice it for this)
-scissors/knife/cutter for trimming wire
first, we're gonna cut the usb connector of the cable of the charger to expose the wires. use a cutting tool to cut through the usb head/connector, trim the cable and expose the wires out. make sure you cut a suitable length enough to stick them on the battery's positive and negative terminals.
next, get your battery and identify it's positive and negative terminals (usually the "+" and "-"). then on the charger cable, the negative wire can be identified by the grey "-" markings along the cable. split the cable in two so that positive and negative wires are seperated.
position the wires according to their respective terminals and secure it with a wiring or cellophane tape. remember to completely isolate the wire from touching other terminals (don't let the wires contact with the middle terminals, marked "x") or else your battery will be spoilt.
check the wires if they have been neatly secured and correctly placed. plug in your charger and charge your battery for 30 minutes or so, then use it. it should be enough to supply power for a quick flashing process.
-i know this guide isn't quite accurate. i did this late at night, my mind's kinda sleepy..
I ran into trouble with the battery problem also. Here's how I solved that problem. Read first. Then proceed at your own risk!
You will need a spare USB cable (will be cut). Any printer or scanner ones.
Cut the end that has the square plug (not the computer flat plug side)
Strip the red and black wires. Red is Vcc (+5) and black is ground. Get the 2 other wires and excessive out of the way.
Remove the battery and you will see 4 contact pins on the phone that the battery contact pins goes to (it flexes up and down).
Hook the red usb wire (+5) to the far left pins (towards the camera flash).
Hook the black usb wire (ground) to the far right (towards the sim card).
Make sure the red is not touching any other metal except the pin. If necessary, secure with electrical tape.
Verify the connections by looking at the polarity label on the battery itself.
Plug the usb into the computer and that should solve the battery problem.
Plug the USB data cable to your phone and reflash or do whatever you need to do.
Make sure you unplug the cable from the computer before removing the wires from the pins.
Basically, it's just bypassing the battery. Hopes that helps.
Great idea! Yes it does work and I see no need to worry about damaging the phone. I used a spare wall charger; cut off the phone plug, identified the wires with a Fluke DMM and attached "micro clips" to connect to the phone. I also used small alligator clips to connect to a spare battery and charge it. When charging a battery this way I do suggest watching the clock so you do not over charge or overheat the battery. This would be very bad juju.
I have a problem .. my phone wont start even I press * + # + Power ..
This happen when I flash new firmware into my MOTOROLA v360 with L7 firmware..
I didnt notice that L7 firmware is not for V360.. so my phone wont ever turn ON.
The battery in full charge before I flash motorola L7 firmware into my motorola V360 phone.. How can I turn ON my phone again... need help..
can anyone point to me where to place the wires on my rokr e1? i had mine bricked just last week.. and im considering this option..pls help
i think mine's bricked.. i followed all your instruction.. but cant still make my hone power up.. though when i connect it to the pc.. the flashbackup says it's connected.. but just cant make it to boot loader screen... it's just blank without any power... help pls..
Last edited by ariesm; 08-24-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Reason: Automerged Doublepost
I need to charge my phone for some hours before it will start. When it does, I can't do much with it; if I spend more than a few minutes running any applications, the phone will abruptly shut off and I'll have to charge it for a few hours again.
The battery icon has a question mark over it. I guess that means the phone is having trouble communicating with the battery.
I have a suspicion that I caused this problem by the way I hooked up the contacts: I wrapped the red and black wires around sewing pins, and pushed those pins through the loops in the contacts on the phone. The pins probably spent some time rubbing up against the inner two contacts, which I'm guessing are what the phone uses to communicate with the battery.
Is there anything I can do about this? I think I'll try reflashing the phone again, this time with the battery full.